Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile app 3.8.0 released with seat heater and schedule service

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mobile app 3.8.0 released with seat heater and schedule service. Schedule service not mentioned in the release noted, but it’s there if you swipe up and it’s the last item listed on the main page in the iOS app.

Attachments

• 0808B7F9-AECF-4F43-B811-D3B0770261F5.png
    0808B7F9-AECF-4F43-B811-D3B0770261F5.png
    1 MB · Views: 162
Just checked updates for my phone and saw that I need 48.12. Can use with our Model S now but my Model 3 is only 42.4. Do I download the app or wait until both are on 48.12?

Doesn’t hurt to update app I believe. Some app new features won’t work like the seat heaters, but the regular app features should work fine. Try to put your car on WiFi to encourage updating. If that doesn’t work, call in to see if the software is stuck and they need to push to you. Your software level is behind.

I noticed a couple things. (I have a Model 3.)

1. You can’t turn on heated seats just by themselves. In cold temps, the “Turn On” button also turns on the fan along with the front windshield defroster/heater, which, as far as I can tell, can’t be manually turned off. So you’re stuck heating the whole cabin if you want to pre-heat the seats, even if the cabin temperature is set to “Low”.

This is a big disappointment for me. I was hoping to be able to only pre-heat the seats and not use a ton of extra energy heating the entire cabin. But it appears that’s not possible.

2. As @seantay00 alluded to above, every time you use the app to pre-heat, the heated seat power levels all default back to the same setting, which is 2/3 power on every seat heater. If you manually change it (for example, to have max heat on the front seats and off on the back seats, as I just tried), the next time it’ll still default back to 2/3 heat on every seat. :(

What's the new phonebook? I did see the new service menu. Clicking on it brought up all the previous appointments I have had, but when I choose New Appt. the app put up a spinning circle and never came back. I rebooted the app and now I don't have a service option.

-Randy
It's a rather obscure pop culture reference. OP's name is Steve Martin.

As he announced the app's availability it reminded me of this scene. He probably gets it all the time.

Unrelated question. Is there a way to see actual cabin temperature on car display? (Not the set temp)

The app shows it. Sometimes I turn the heat up but it feels like cool air blowing. My guess is actual cabin temp is higher then set temp so car is cooling down to temp...

It wasn't all that obscure to me. I immediately flashed onto the scene you provided in the movie clip.

Maybe it's an age reference....

Hey, don't call me old! I'm only 56...

I actually have the Jerk on my DVR right now. The problem is that I am looking for a feature where the car lets you favorite your destinations
w/o syncing the contacts from the phone. I have WAY too many contacts to want to swim thru them when I am driving to find one of the few places I actually go. So a local phone book for the car would be great!

-Randy

problem is that I am looking for a feature where the car lets you favorite your destinations
w/o syncing the contacts from the phone. I have WAY too many contacts to want to swim thru them when I am driving to find one of the few places I actually go. So a local phone book for the car would be great!

-Randy
Can't you just touch the heart icon by an address to add it to navigation favorites?

• Love
Reactions: israndy