Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile App feature requests

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A live view from the rear camera would be awesome as it's going down the road.

Add in the needed front camera view (displayed over/under) and you can check on the driver's activities both coming and going.

This is also great for parking lots. Not only to see who is checking out your car but if you park across from some chargers that are full, you can periodically check for openings from wherever you are (work, mall, park) and go and plug in when you see a spot opens up.

Last edited:
Definitely need a notification if charging is interrupted. That is a major problem for anyone who relies on third party charging providers (I charge at work and the power source has regular interruptions).

I'm 6'2. My wife is 5'5". I'd really like to use the app to tell the car to switch from her driving profile to mine...so I can actually get in the car without having to manually move the driver's seat back.

Or link driver profiles to specific key fobs - my 2002 Acura did this. It would probably require actually pressing the fob button, not just walking up (what if both fobs approach together?), but it would still be an improvement.

Or link driver profiles to specific key fobs - my 2002 Acura did this. It would probably require actually pressing the fob button, not just walking up (what if both fobs approach together?), but it would still be an improvement.

I asked about this some months ago and the general consensus was that the technology used by the Model S fobs didn't allow for them to be differentiated. Don't know if that's gospel from Tesla however...

Trip Planner Integration

With the advent of 6.1 and the new trip planner I think it would be awesome to see some further integration in the mobile app. It turns out the trip planner constantly updates during supercharging to let you know when you have enough juice to make it to your destination. Why not take it one step further?

If this feature would be extended to the mobile app then I wouldn't be forced to stay in the car or keep walking back to it. Basically I want to see the graph of the projected energy usage on my iPhone.

I think this has enormous potential to reduce wait times as folks check their iPhones and realize it's time to get back to the car and free up their charging slot. If you hide it under a tab on the energy screen most owners are not going to make the effort to constantly be checking in on their car (or realize this feature even exists).