Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile App Remote Access Is Off...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
....except it isn't and is turned on correctly in my settings.

I haven't been able to use the mobile app on either Android or iOS as the app keeps telling me to enable access in my settings. I've tried rebooting my system by holding the steering wheel buttons to no avail. Is this a server-side issue or specific to my car?

My car's WiFi/LTE is working because I can stream music/surf the web.

I did recently bring my car to Tesla to get my performance brakes installed so they might have turned off mobile access but I was only there for a few hours so I doubt it and I'm not sure if there's another way to turn it off except in the menu.

I did recently bring my car to Tesla to get my performance brakes installed so they might have turned off mobile access but I was only there for a few hours so I doubt it and I'm not sure if there's another way to turn it off except in the menu.

There's a new procedure (about a few weeks old) where Tesla will automatically disable mobile app access if there is an open repair order for your vehicle. You can call and ask your service center to close the repair order and that should re-enable mobile app access. Tesla may have just forgotten to close the repair order after returning your car.

This process is automatic (done by Tesla's servers) and is not done through the menu on the center display. So if this is the case, the settings menu in your car would still reflect that your mobile access is turned on even if Tesla disabled mobile app access remotely.

Hope that helped, good luck!

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Drewflux and markwj
There's a new procedure (about a few weeks old) where Tesla will automatically disable mobile app access if there is an open repair order for your vehicle. You can call and ask your service center to close the repair order and that should re-enable mobile app access.

Yeah, and annoying as hell. No error message in the iPhone App - it just kicks you out and asks you to login again (which you can't).

There's a new procedure (about a few weeks old) where Tesla will automatically disable mobile app access if there is an open repair order for your vehicle. You can call and ask your service center to close the repair order and that should re-enable mobile app access. Tesla may have just forgotten to close the repair order after returning your car.

This process is automatic (done by Tesla's servers) and is not done through the menu on the center display. So if this is the case, the settings menu in your car would still reflect that your mobile access is turned on even if Tesla disabled mobile app access remotely.

Hope that helped, good luck!

That is exactly right. I experienced this first hand. Called the SC and they closed the repair order. I could then access my car via mobile app.

• Informative
Reactions: theslimshadyist