Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobileye 560 not working after Tesla FW Update 2018.48.12.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2013 Model S with the Mobileye 560 aftermarket. Looking for other owners’ feedback. After the FW update, it appears that the Mobileye unit is no longer receiving car speed information from the car, which disables all its funtionality. Is anybody else having similar problems. Any solutions? Thank you

B3CF8937-BB46-436A-8A21-77BC9E5DDA09.jpeg
I talked to Mobileye and they are going to try to help us. You should also call or email their tech support. The person I spoke too was Anthony @ 1-877-867-4900 ext #3.

View attachment 362492 I talked to Mobileye and they are going to try to help us. You should also call or email their tech support. The person I spoke too was Anthony @ 1-877-867-4900 ext #3.
It looks like from your picture, that it's working now?

I did talk with Anthony and he mentioned that they would need the new CAN information for the speed. He suggested talking to the original installer, who has CAN sniffing software from Mobileye. Mobileye would have to walk them through getting the info. They would then need to rewrite their profile information and send that out to the installers to update the firmware.

So unless Mobileye has access to a Model S, they won't be able to help us directly. We would have to cajole the installer in spending their time sniffing the CAN bus with the Mobileye people.

I offer my car to them. In the picture it’s not really working. The car ahead shows because had been at the light just before and the city slow speed car separation feature is not speed dependent. The moment we get to speed, above 30 mph, the car disappears and no lanes, separation or collision warnings are available. If only we could add a gps to feed the car speed to Mobileye. That would fix everything.

It looks like from your picture, that it's working now?

I did talk with Anthony and he mentioned that they would need the new CAN information for the speed. He suggested talking to the original installer, who has CAN sniffing software from Mobileye. Mobileye would have to walk them through getting the info. They would then need to rewrite their profile information and send that out to the installers to update the firmware.

So unless Mobileye has access to a Model S, they won't be able to help us directly. We would have to cajole the installer in spending their time sniffing the CAN bus with the Mobileye people.

When you say "original installer" should I interpret that to mean the shop that did any original installation? If so I'll check with mine -- this happened once before with FW upgrade and they fixed it.

Just got this from Mobileye. Still trying to understand.

Hi,

The Mobileye will need to be recalibrated – Tesla changes the Speed ID coding on firmware updates so the Mobileye needs to be recalibrated to reflect these changes.

John Femino

Technical Support Manager

Mobileye, An Intel Company
1350 Broadway New York, NY 10018
Support: +1-877-867-4900 ext. 3
www.mobileye.com/us

Just got this from Mobileye. Still trying to understand.

Hi,

The Mobileye will need to be recalibrated – Tesla changes the Speed ID coding on firmware updates so the Mobileye needs to be recalibrated to reflect these changes.

John Femino

Technical Support Manager

Mobileye, An Intel Company
1350 Broadway New York, NY 10018
Support: +1-877-867-4900 ext. 3
www.mobileye.com/us
"Recalibrated" means they need to sniff the ID codes on the CAN bus and determine which one is speed. Then they need to created a new profile that is loaded into the Mobileye.

When you say "original installer" should I interpret that to mean the shop that did any original installation? If so I'll check with mine -- this happened once before with FW upgrade and they fixed it.
Yes. According to Anthony from Mobileye tech support, the Mobileye installer should have this software. I know that a long time ago, when I was interested in this process, I was able to download the software from Mobileye's FTP server. I never did anything with it and it also required a special cable.

I eventually wound up using their bluetooth interface to capture the information and log and display it on my MacBook. I wrote a brief post about this. I haven't run the software in years.

Just a follow up on the Mobile 560 software update: I spoke with Mobileye and they still have not gotten a Tesla to scan the ID codes. They said that possibly they would be able to access a car in California sometime next week. They said as more cars started to have the software loaded, it would become more of a priority.

I also spoke with my installer and he mentioned that they are no longer supporting Mobileye because Mobileye no longer had sales reps and is not going around trying to push or support their product. He does not have the latest software, but for an hourly fee he would be able to contact them and get things done. Last time he had to interact with them it took 8 hours, although Mobileye claims this ID scan will take a very short time.

Just a follow up on the Mobile 560 software update: I spoke with Mobileye and they still have not gotten a Tesla to scan the ID codes. They said that possibly they would be able to access a car in California sometime next week. They said as more cars started to have the software loaded, it would become more of a priority.
According to Teslafi, 95.1% of all cars (84.8% of pre-autopilot cars) have 2018.48.12.1 or newer firmware...so hopefully that's enough for them to make it a priority!

Can you get an OBDII device and use something like ScanMyTesla to get the necessary information yourself and then forward it on to Mobileye?

I sent an email to Mobileye and copied intel’s ceo and Mobileye head of aftermarket products. I got a response right away. This Friday, i’m ta The car to my Mobileye installer. He will do the scan, profile building and calibration. I will pay for the calibration, and Mobileye will pay for the additional labor time of scanning & profile building. If it works, i,ll let you know.

I sent an email to Mobileye and copied intel’s ceo and Mobileye head of aftermarket products. I got a response right away. This Friday, i’m ta The car to my Mobileye installer. He will do the scan, profile building and calibration. I will pay for the calibration, and Mobileye will pay for the additional labor time of scanning & profile building. If it works, i,ll let you know.
Great! Thanks for the effort. Now I just need to convince my installer to get the latest software from Mobileye and pay him to update the firmware when it's ready.

I’ll let you know this weekend if it worked. I’m not sure if I’ll ever upgrade firmware after that. Obviously, there is no way of preventing Tesla SC from updating you.
I got a call from my installer just now, since he happened to talk to Mobileye for an unrelated matter. They mentioned that they could do the same stuff you mentioned with my car. They would need my car overnight. The first day they would get the info and then generate the new mapping files overnight and then reprogram my car the next day. They did not offer to pay for my installer's time, however. So I'll wait until your car is reprogrammed and then take it in and have my firmware reprogrammed at that time.

Also, since you're version 2018.50.6 4ec03ed of the Tesla software, I hope Tesla does not have a different speed ID for that version. I'm currently at version 2018 48.12.1, although my Model 3 is at 2018.50.6. I'll just have wait for the latest update if that's the case.