Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model ☰ License Plate Ideas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, in NY I was parked behind a guy in a Prius with PEDOBEAR vanity plate, I was a bit surprised it passed the censors. I'll have to see if I can find the picture of it.
Years ago in Alaska, a clergyman received personalized plates with "CMFIC". Some people complained to the DMV and the controversy was featured in a local newspaper. The cleric explained that, despite what some may think, his plates really meant "Clergymen Make Friends in Church". ;) Don't remember if he got to keep his plates or not.

Well, in NY I was parked behind a guy in a Prius with PEDOBEAR vanity plate, I was a bit surprised it passed the censors. I'll have to see if I can find the picture of it.

Found it.

IMG_20130204_184230.jpg

Unfortunately that's what other people think of when they see vanity plates as well. As fun and creative as they can be, Makes me wonder what they are compensating for.
Compensating for? I never really thought about it. I guess I run vanity plates for the same reason I put up elaborate Christmas decorations during the holidays - it is fun and allows people to express their uniqueness.

Compensating for?
Maybe if the message is an expression of braggadocio. I don't see it as compensating for anything if the message is whimsical or personal.
I guess I run vanity plates for the same reason I put up elaborate Christmas decorations during the holidays - it is fun and allows people to express their uniqueness.
Yep, much like choosing a car color (other than black) for an extra $1,000.

Maybe if the message is an expression of braggadocio. I don't see it as compensating for anything if the message is whimsical or personal.
I guess if I put PAID60K on my TM3 that would be considered braggadocio! :oops:

Yep, much like choosing a car color (other than black) for an extra $1,000.
Well by the time I pay for Pearl White, Xpel, and Opticoat I'll have waaaaaaaaaaay more than $1000 in exterior 'fun' and 'uniqueness'! ;)

Last edited:
Here in the UK, you can't choose what goes on a licence plate, so you have to work within the format that they're issued in.
I'd been passing this Renault Scenic for a number of years thinking that it should really be on a Tesla, but as I don't actually own one, I just took these photos out if interest.
Any way, when a company that sold me my own personalised licence plate some years ago asking whether they could but it back, which I didn't want to do, I mentioned seeing this plate and they told me that it had just been sold through them at the end of 2016 for somewhere between £20,000 & £25,000.
I just came across the third photo on the internet today, showing that it is now on a Tesla Model S P100D
T3 SLA - on Renault 01 Aug 2012 #01.jpg
T3 SLA - on Renault 01 Aug 2012 #02.jpg
T3SLA on Tesla Model S P100D #01lge.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo
The format of licence plates has changed a few times over the years, so to get one that looks like it spells a word, then you have to be creative using numbers to represent letters then hope you can find one that has what you're after.
Came across this photo with two personalised licence plates in it, so which car would you choose, the Aston Martin or the Range Rover Revere?
Or put another way, 2 BE or NOT 2B, that is the question.
2 BE & NOT 2B - personalised plates #01.jpg