TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Model 3: $1000 reservation

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by omarsultan, Feb 10, 2016.

1. omarsultan

omarsultan Active Member

Just tweeted by Elon:

Model 3 reservations ($1000 down) will be accepted in Tesla stores on March 31 and online April 1

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/697678962588188672

2. ryanjm

ryanjm Tesla Podcast Host

Elon also just confirmed: no Signature series.

Elon Musk on Twitter:

No Signature Red paint. I really, really wanted it. :-(

3. esk8mw

esk8mw Active Member

Shutupandtakemymoney.jpeg

i don't really understand how this works, though. If the unveiling is on the 31st, how are in store reservations supposed to work? Reservations sight unseen? Early day launch party?

- - - Updated - - -

This is the medias fault. If they weren't so inept or malicious (your choice) when printing the sig series cost as the base model cost, I bet we would have a go at sigs. Can't have nice things.

4. omarsultan

omarsultan Active Member

Maybe, in keeping with the for-the-masses vibe, they will have unwilling parties at all the stores instead of a single event for the rich and famous?

5. ankitmishra

ankitmishra Member

6. vinnie97

vinnie97 Member

Shiz seems to be getting (more) real. BUT, April 1st can't be the best day to start accepting online reservations. :)

7. ankitmishra

ankitmishra Member

There is a very high chance that people are going to line outside the stores to get early reservation. Or am I wrong?

8. Josh the German

Will a reservation be possible for everyone from everywhere in the world or US first?

Regards from Germany

Josh

9. ryanjm

ryanjm Tesla Podcast Host

He said global.

10. Josh the German

Thanks a lot Ryan. I haven't read it and no experience reserving a Tesla. Have a nice day ... :smile:

Regards from Germany

Josh

11. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Active Member

#11 Az_Rael, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    Alright I will be in on April 1st (really, April fools day?). I was gonna hold off and be prudent about this, but with the reservation only at $1000 I am going to throw caution to the wind and reserve a spot.

This will be the first time I have ever put $$ down on a car sight unseen and un-test driven. Should be a fun experience

Sooo..... what time do you think the website will go live? Midnight PST? 8AM PST?

12. ImEric

ImEric Member

Good point. I will be in a store on March 31st, first thing in the morning. Now I kind of wish that I lived on the East Coast, just so I could get into a store 3 hours earlier. And at $1k, I WILL be making to pre-orders.

- - - Updated - - -

Knowing Tesla, it'll go live around 11:53pm PST.

13. houdini

houdini Member

I am expecting this isn't really global as down here in Oz it'll be the 31st before the US 31st.

14. Lycanthrope

Lycanthrope Member

$1000 only, I'm in! If the options appear to be too much, I'm sure the reservation can be delayed a bit to the less specced cars...

15. Spidy

Spidy Member

No, it's Tesla's fault for not releasing any other numbers than that signature price. The only thing that came at some point was a tweet from Elon about 5k more than a Model S. All Tesla has to do is put the configurator online in time, even if it's just a demo to play around.

16. Model 3

Model 3 Active Member

It doesn’t have to be one or the other. They will have a single event "for the rich and famous" - or just invited ;) AND they may have "unwilling parties" at the local stores showing the real party online on big screen and maybe even a prototype (in some shops) to look at?

17. EMdoc12

EMdoc12 Member

Well I'll be out of town on the 31st but luckily there is a tesla gallery where I'm going. I don't really think there will be big lines like for iPhones but that being said I won't be waiting either. 1k day one for me.

18. YBT

YBT Member

I'll be reserving on April 1. Even if I cancel it down the road I will feel good about having given Elon a loan to get this thing on the road. Hopefully he let's me ride in the BEV Millenium Falcon replica in the lair under his house.

19. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

Will Tesla turn down money because it's foreign? No.

Tempted to reserve, but possibility that it disappears, but questions remain about Tesla's walled garden. But I do have play money that I could flush down a bankruptcy drain...

20. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

My guess is it will go live across the US at least when they have the reveal event at Hawthorne so that those attending the event either get first crack or equal crack (that sounds bad) at making reservations.