Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 $25,000 version autopilot tested?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
bad-dad2.jpg

Reactions: jfinephilly
After seeing the picture.... "Any father putting their kid in that position needs a £25,000 bail attached I mean seriously for an Instagram moment?"

After seeing the imperfect depressions on the child's footing like it weighs a feather. "yea AP can tantrum sometimes"

I’m old enough to remember pre-seat belts when this was rather ordinary. My “seat belt” was my dad’s right arm in front of me at sudden stops. Imagine how that would have worked out in anything but a minor fender bender.

Your Dad probably wasn't belted either. I can remember steering my grandfather's '59 Ford Galaxie around the neighborhood sitting in his lap. Dad even let me take the wheel of our Buick Roadmaster on occasion. My favorite spot on trips was standing on the rear center hump watching the odometer turn over. How far we've come.

Oh yeah that’s exactly what’s wrong with this country! Totally plausible images and people being fooled by them is EXACTLY what’s wrong with the country. Totally!

That guy makes those photoshop pics to get a rise out of people like you. It worked really well in your case.

Time for you to do some introspection on why you're so wound up, and if that's really healthy for you.

• Disagree
Reactions: WilliamG
That guy makes those photoshop pics to get a rise out of people like you. It worked really well in your case.

Time for you to do some introspection on why you're so wound up, and if that's really healthy for you.

Taken in context, I have no issue with that. Taken out of context and posted on TMC - what do you expect my reaction to be? It’s no different from someone calling you up and saying hey dude, hate to break it to you but I saw someone hit your car in the parking lot. OH WAIT, JUST KIDDING, HAHAHA! Plausible assholery is still assholery.

The Internet is such a trolly and stupid place to be at times. If you can’t see the issue there, I don’t know what to tell you. And take that from someone who laughs at LOTS of stupid crap online.

That part I’m pretty sure is all real. It’s the road and everything else that’s PS.
Look at this guy's other images. He does a very good job of matching lighting on the child with lighting on the background into which he puts the child.

In this image, I'm sure he posed the baby at the wheel while parked, facing the same direction as the Motorway shot so the lighting would be right, then hr got a pic without baby on the Motorway (or vice versa) and inserted background into the first pic.

So @MP3Mike, you disagree? Well, I suppose you are right that this is unlikely to be a Tesla Autopilot test, which of course was the whole point of my joke in posting the picture. I suppose I should have posted a link to the series of Photoshopped pics posted online by the originator, but it never occurred to me that anyone would think it was real.

BTW, my nephew said that he might buy it but only if Tesla would supply the "hardware", because his hardware (two teen aged boys) would certainly not fit on his lap. :)