Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 accident / repair questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well it happen. I was in a relatively minor accident today. Definitely could had been worse than it ended up.

I hydroplaned on the interstate during a blinding down pour. The car completely spun around went into the grass median and came to rest on a vehicle arresting fence running adjacent to the opposite lane. Lucky no one else was involved and I was not injured.

Had the arresting fence not been there the car would have been mostly not received any damage.

Bumper cover, passenger side fender and rocker panel sustained damage from the wire fence. Bumper cover and fender seem pretty straight forward to repair but I have concerns that the rocker panel may be expensive as it appears to part of the frame of the car.

Below are some of the picture of the damage. Is the rocker going to be difficult / expensive to fix?

395E3001-A5B0-4199-844D-B80C397BFA77.jpeg
E84479D6-038C-489D-B7D4-426B4CF9FCD2.jpeg
D27296A9-CFDA-4F1F-977F-CEB54A54E819.jpeg

Also I was thinking of taking it to Tesla’s Chicago body shop. Anyone have experience with the shop?