Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Aero Wheel Cap Kit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't speak to using wads of duct tape or suction cups to remove the center caps but I can tell you what I have used successfully on my Model S caps. I set a small protruding blade on my box cutter knife and gently insert it in the edge of the caps and wiggle it. I also move around to a second spot on the edge of the cap once it starts to release. With this method the caps can easily be removed. If you do use this method be careful not to nick or otherwise damage the caps while removing them (or snap the blade).

I was wondering if the lug nut caps are compatible with the wheel lock kit. Has anyone tried this yet?
76681C2A-7393-4895-8F58-1963F306316E.jpeg
12C00A1B-2845-4331-84DF-B5957A7C4A93.jpeg

Unless you live or park in a sketchy area, I feel wheel locks are an unnecessary complexity. Less worry that shop or I will not lose the wheel lock key. I had shops forget to return the wheel lock key to the car.
I guess that's true. I just always assumed they were a natural add-on for any car that wasn't just the cheapest you can find. I won't be adding them on, since I don't feel I'll need them, but