Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Aftermarket CV Axles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have any recommendations for good quality aftermarket CV Axles for the front Axles on a 2019 Model 3 Performance? OEM Tesla ones are $1150/CAD each which is insane. I live in Ontario, Canada so anything local would be nice, but willing to ship from USA if necessary. Any recommendations would be very appreciated, thanks!

Are yours actually having issues? I have literally never heard of one failing outside of very high mileage. Also, the traction control is so sensitive it is really hard to inadvertently over torque the driveline from, for example, hitting a small bump while accelerating that would otherwise allow wheel spin or wheel hop from most other vehicles.

Are yours actually having issues? I have literally never heard of one failing outside of very high mileage. Also, the traction control is so sensitive it is really hard to inadvertently over torque the driveline from, for example, hitting a small bump while accelerating that would otherwise allow wheel spin or wheel hop from most other vehicles.
Going to be getting a definitive answer shortly. But wanted to be prepared with a potential product replacement incase it was indeed gone bad. Hearing some odd clicking sounds going over bumps and turns.

Going to be getting a definitive answer shortly. But wanted to be prepared with a potential product replacement incase it was indeed gone bad. Hearing some odd clicking sounds going over bumps and turns.

In some cases if there is a noise coming from the axle near the hub it can be fixed pretty easily! First, you want to back off the 32mm nut that holds the axle to the hub. Then use an air hammer or similar tool to push the axle away from the hub (generally I would leave the nut threaded on the axle some so as to not damage the axle threads). Next, spray a durable lubricant (like Moly grease) in to the splines of the axle. Torque the 32mm nut nice and tight (300Nm/220lb-ft). In most cases, that should resolve any clicking noise. It's not fool-proof, and this is the kind of quick and dirty way of doing it, but it is relatively easy!