Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 and S/X software versions syn'ng? 2017.50.10 563d37d

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

scottf200

Feb 3, 2013
Chicagoland
Software version 2017.50.10 563d37d was just detected on a Tesla Model 3 with Autopilot 2.5 hardware. The highest previous version was 2017.50.3 f3425a1 [on X/S]. You were alerted per your settings on TeslaFi.com.

Prior to today it seemed Model 3 software releases were 2017.48.XX but now they are up to the 2017.50.xx week/format. Syncing up between the S/X and 3 cars.

Last edited:
Reactions: kbecks13
Well S&X had a 2017.48 release too. So they have always used the same version format. They just haven't ever been on the same version.

S&X are 2017.50.3, while Model 3 is 2017.50.10. So I wouldn't say that they are synced yet. (And they may never be.)

All it means is that they both teams are likely on a two week sprint cadence with normal releases on even weeks.

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200
S&X are 2017.50.3, while Model 3 is 2017.50.10. So I wouldn't say that they are synced yet. (And they may never be.)
Good points. I just thought they would have a goal of getting all the types on the same version (common base) for thinks like AP but I could see because of the pretty different UI interfaces that may stay at different versions. Maybe I'll update my chart to have them both on their.

gBwY6QU.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: kbecks13
Yeah, I don't think the code bases will ever truly merge. Certain self-contained modules, like AP2 certainly will be the same (either already or soon enough), but the platforms are so different, it's a lot more work and A LOT more risk to try and get them both on the exact same firmware. Either platform would be dragging along a ton of unused baggage code.

Via: Model 3 software update (2017.50.10) • r/teslamotors

>>>>>>>
Model 3 software update (2017.50.10) (self.teslamotors)

submitted 14 hours ago * by Filippopotamus Model 3 owner

I know someone wanted to know the versions as they come.

The changes I’ve noticed so far: - the Easter Egg drawer now has a reindeer on it (haven’t tried it out yet though) - autopilot message bubble when first engage is a bit different - easy entry doesn’t activate when you put it on park anymore. It does when you unbuckle the seatbelt. Which I actually prefer.

Edit: Scheduled charging is back

That’s all I’ve noticed so far.
<<<<<<<<<