Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 approaches Camry levels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

iwannam3

Aug 8, 2016
Washington
IMG_20201215_133944507.jpg
I was sitting in my blue model 3 waiting for a small pick up order at the hardware store when someone popped open the trunk and started loading my order. But it was way too many things, thinking they had me confused with another customer I got out and it was some guy with a shopping cart of bird food etc. He was surprised when I got out of "his" car! His blue Tesla model 3 was parked just over 2 stalls away! He was able to open my trunk because I was in the unlocked car and he assumed it was his since it opened!

It may seem that way to us since we're always on the look out for other Teslas on the road, but in the grand scale of things, all Model 3's sold till date probably doesn't even equate to one trim of any recent generation of Toyota Camry sold. Maybe one day...

• Funny
Reactions: ebmcs03
The main thing I don't like is that the Model Y looks SO MUCH LIKE THE 3! It's way too close. Now, it looks good I'll give it that because the 3 is beautiful, but it just adds more of that look to an already popular EV on the road. This is not meant to insult Model Y owners, but I would prefer Tesla make each car a little more different when it comes to their front 'face'.

Reactions: Fadiawesome
It may seem that way to us since we're always on the look out for other Teslas on the road, but in the grand scale of things, all Model 3's sold till date probably doesn't even equate to 1 trim of any recent generation of Toyota Camry sold. Maybe one day...

Given that many of us are investors, this is likely the problem we hope to have, and soon! :D

View attachment 618032 I was sitting in my blue model 3 waiting for a small pick up order at the hardware store when someone popped open the trunk and started loading my order. But it was way too many things, thinking they had me confused with another customer I got out and it was some guy with a shopping cart of bird food etc. He was surprised when I got out of "his" car! His blue Tesla model 3 was parked just over 2 stalls away! He was able to open my trunk because I was in the unlocked car and he assumed it was his since it opened!
Something similar happened between my neighbour and I when we were walking our golden retrievers once..in the dark he took the wrong one home

This is why I customize my cars, so they don't look like anyone else's car!

The main thing I don't like is that the Model Y looks SO MUCH LIKE THE 3! It's way too close. Now, it looks good I'll give it that because the 3 is beautiful, but it just adds more of that look to an already popular EV on the road. This is not meant to insult Model Y owners, but I would prefer Tesla make each car a little more different when it comes to their front 'face'.

I was slightly confused and disappointed watching the Y reveal. I thought they accidentally brought out a 3 at first but it was in fact the Y.

Really wish they would have designed a different headlight shape at least. The same tail lights are fine but the headlights are the eyes of any car and it needs distinction!

This is why I customize my cars, so they don't look like anyone else's car!

I was slightly confused and disappointed watching the Y reveal. I thought they accidentally brought out a 3 at first but it was in fact the Y.

Really wish they would have designed a different headlight shape at least. The same tail lights are fine but the headlights are the eyes of any car and it needs distinction!

Same here! You don't want it to look like every other car out there anyway.. :D

Stoped at a red light a couple of weeks ago and could see 3 other Model 3's, 2 white. But after a 2ed look the 2 white turned out to be Model Ys instead. Side rant: Love the way the Y looks in white but almost every one I see is white.

View attachment 618032 I was sitting in my blue model 3 waiting for a small pick up order at the hardware store when someone popped open the trunk and started loading my order. But it was way too many things, thinking they had me confused with another customer I got out and it was some guy with a shopping cart of bird food etc. He was surprised when I got out of "his" car! His blue Tesla model 3 was parked just over 2 stalls away! He was able to open my trunk because I was in the unlocked car and he assumed it was his since it opened!

Imagine what would've happened if you each drove the other's car home....better finding bird seeds than something else.

heh heh. There are 3 other blue model 3's in our area. We have been parked to close to one of them at least a couple times. A couple of them have aero covers on and the other two go without the covers. We put ours on in winter as it is easier to clean them than the rims. Now that we have our Aeros on for the winter its hard to get confused with the other blue Teslas. :)

50711223276_d82b9dae48_c.jpg

Reactions: Spacep0d