Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Autopilot Free Upgrade for 2019 Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received delivery of a Model 3 (MR) February 26th, 4 days after they announced the price changes (ouch!). With the new 7 day return policy i tried to see whether or not that applied to previously delivered cars - the answer was a clear no (was worth trying).

They did point out that any car delivered without AP in 2019 would receive the upgrade for free. I have this in writing (attached). This was back on March 5th. Since then I've received 0 communications from Tesla, reached out at least 6 times with no response.

Has anyone else in the same situation experiencing something similar? Is there a specific number/department I should be calling?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 7.55.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-12 at 7.55.41 PM.png
    112 KB · Views: 502
All Tesla vehicles now come with Autopilot bundled as a standard feature for less than the prior cost of the option. For example, Model 3 Standard Plus used to cost $37,500, plus $3,000 for the Autopilot option. It now costs $39,500, with Autopilot included.

Reactions: Leafdriver333
this is bit confusing I realize and yes for people ordering right now they did raise prices by 2K and all cars come with AP now but my situation is different.

I bought my car 1 week ago and locked up a price that was 3445(M3AWD long-range) discount/adjustment...it didn't have AP on it so I added it for 3K...but then I read a thread on here saying that all 2019 purchasers of M3's without AP will be getting it for free, which if different situation than people ordering right now.

When i read that I asked my salesman if this was true and he said it was.

Hence I got 3K reduced today when i took delivery. Either way, i am happy as I got a 3445 adjustment, 3750 tax credit, and AP worth 3K for free on a brand new car with 7 miles on it.

this is bit confusing I realize and yes for people ordering right now they did raise prices by 2K and all cars come with AP now but my situation is different.

I bought my car 1 week ago and locked up a price that was 3445(M3AWD long-range) discount/adjustment...it didn't have AP on it so I added it for 3K...but then I read a thread on here saying that all 2019 purchasers of M3's without AP will be getting it for free, which if different situation than people ordering right now.

When i read that I asked my salesman if this was true and he said it was.

Hence I got 3K reduced today when i took delivery. Either way, i am happy as I got a 3445 adjustment, 3750 tax credit, and AP worth 3K for free on a brand new car with 7 miles on it.

So they should refund you $1000.00 since you paid 3k and everyone else is now paying 2k for it.

I got my M3+ Two weeks ago, I’m not getting AP for free, I too have to come up with 2k if I want it.

Fred

Reactions: dame3780
Firmware ver. 2019.8.6 last I checked Auto Pilot was there to be purchased. Will get the my car in 20 minutes and see if it’s free for me but I highly doubt it. This is how Tesla is making their money.. all add-on from here on.. HomeLink $300.00, $2000. Auto Pilot and then Sub Woofers with Amp and later full Nav maps with traffic alerts or even the browsers.

Fred

Reactions: Leafdriver333
So they should refund you $1000.00 since you paid 3k and everyone else is now paying 2k for it.

I got my M3+ Two weeks ago, I’m not getting AP for free, I too have to come up with 2k if I want it.

Fred

Fred,

I highly advise to look into this cause clearly you are not understanding what i am saying...:)...but if its worth 3K to be stubborn be my guest...:)....please re-read what I am saying carefully.

I received delivery of a Model 3 (MR) February 26th, 4 days after they announced the price changes (ouch!). With the new 7 day return policy i tried to see whether or not that applied to previously delivered cars - the answer was a clear no (was worth trying).

They did point out that any car delivered without AP in 2019 would receive the upgrade for free. I have this in writing (attached). This was back on March 5th. Since then I've received 0 communications from Tesla, reached out at least 6 times with no response.

Has anyone else in the same situation experiencing something similar? Is there a specific number/department I should be calling?

So the ones that are screwed is the people who are placing orders now.
Tesla is finally rewarding early birds maybe.

So the ones that are screwed is the people who are placing orders now.
Tesla is finally rewarding early birds maybe.

How is anyone getting screwed by anything???

If you have an open order, or are in the return period, it seems they’re adjusting prices.

Everyone else either bought their car already or didn’t. The price they paid has absolutely nothing to do with what anyone else pays.

How is anyone getting screwed by anything???

If you have an open order, or are in the return period, it seems they’re adjusting prices.

Everyone else either bought their car already or didn’t. The price they paid has absolutely nothing to do with what anyone else pays.

You assuming I mean screwed by Tesla.
No!!
Screwed by your own decision and indecisiveness that made you procrastinate in ordering a Tesla.
You as in the person who is ordering now. Not you!!

• Love
Reactions: dmurphy
You assuming I mean screwed by Tesla.
No!!
Screwed by your own decision and indecisiveness that made you procrastinate in ordering a Tesla.
You as in the person who is ordering now. Not you!!

I don’t even think they get hosed. I’m picking up my first Tesla this week and can’t wait. I was happy with the price when I placed the order; even happier to get a $2500 price adjustment applied to my order. But even if they had told me “too late, sorry” - I would’ve been ok with the price. Can’t wait.