Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 badgings are out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Buena Park center has multiple Model 3 for test drives and they all have "Dual Motors" badges and spoilers. According to this gentleman,

Maximilien said:
Yes, they were all P3D+ (Performance Package with Red brake calipers) Red Exterior and White interior.
I think Buena Park has 2 or 3 of them. Next time I pass by their superchargers, I will take a picture and upload here.

FYI, it wasn't red under bar, however. Like P100D, it was a chrome bar, as far as I remember.

I can see that the badge means a lot to you. ;)

This is from another thread. You need to chill a bit P3D_Denver.

i’m totally chill, it’s just your story has a ton of holes in it and i’m just trying to understand the state of Tesla distributing the red under bar (it’s def not a chrome under bar, tons of pics show it in red) and carbon fiber spoiler to P3D+ owners.

we can stop going back and forth because a lot of what you are saying is not making sense...but as i said above it was entertaining and for a bit i was excited about the spoiler and red under bar log jam freeing.....obviously that is not the case — i’m subscribed to several threads were no
one is getting them yet, and everyone including me are being told 2019.

i’m totally chill, it’s just your story has a ton of holes in it and i’m just trying to understand the state of Tesla distributing the red under bar (it’s def not a chrome under bar, tons of pics show it in red) and carbon fiber spoiler to P3D+ owners.

we can stop going back and forth because a lot of what you are saying is not making sense...but as i said above it was entertaining and for a bit i was excited about the spoiler and red under bar log jam freeing.....obviously that is not the case — i’m subscribed to several threads were no
one is getting them yet, and everyone including me are being told 2019.
Ok. AGAIN,MAXIMILIEN posted that above on the thread not just me. GO ON THOSE THREADS. I can't help your reading comprehension issues.

tesla.jpg
This is not mine btw.

Ok. AGAIN,MAXIMILIEN posted that above on the thread not just me. GO ON THOSE THREADS. I can't help your reading comprehension issues.
Maximilien posted about cars in the lot with spoilers, I’m talking about owners like you and me being contacted by Tesla for the spoiler and dual motor + red under bar badge.

I am not even sure you have P3D+ based on your sig block.

SO they are sitting on lots but no owners are given them? They are there why? For whom?
they are going to new owners, let me try again — i’m talking about current owners on this board that have had a P3D+ for months (i got mine early Aug) and we are being told spoilers and red under bars are avail “sometime early 2019”.

Do you have a P3D+?

Last edited:
Straight from the mobile tech who visited me last week:

No Model 3 spoilers installed for customers until they finalize the jig for install.

A few test installs looked like *sugar* and they were wasting a 1500 part.

• Informative
Reactions: Skione65
@P3D_Denver,

Picked up at Service Center? Are you waiting to install? Did they call you?

Ski
no phone call, i’m guessing they are waiting on spoilers before calls.

i was there for a separate issue (dent in hood, not my fault), so being here, I also asked where are the spoilers and the red under bars badges (there were lots of DM badges on nonP cars there) , and the service mgr said they just got the red dual motor badge in and expect spoilers middle of 1st qtr. i asked to take it home and i will install myself.

SO they are sitting on lots but no owners are given them? They are there why? For whom?

My theory is this: the tesla is one of the first cars that a lot of what you pay for can be turned on with software so many of the cars are somewhat universal until the buyer selects the options. It has been pretty well confirmed that the regular dual motor model can be turned on to be a performance model with a software flash. My thought is that many of the cars are shipped to the dealer in a "universal" form and then delivered to the buyers specs. Just add some big brakes and wheels and now you have a performance model ready to be picked up. I have gotten a RWD long range and a performance+ model and i was never on a wait list and i never pre ordered for either of them, i just called and said i will only take them if i can get both this year, is each case they said just wait a week and they will have them ready. the business model makes a ton of sense to me. I also tend to believe that if you can piece a whole car together would you REALLY be behind getting some small plastic chromed lettering and a stick on rear lip?? seems like some strange parts to hold up an entire assembly line, i think it makes much more sense to wait to apply the designating parts until after the car is sold as a certain package. just my ideas