Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Bumper Protector for NYC Garage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am taking delivery of my Model 3 in less than 2 weeks and need to purchase a set of bumper guards for it. The car is being kept in a NYC garage which means it is destined to be beaten up by the garage attendants. Does anyone (especially with NYC garage experience) have a recommendation for a product to protect the bumpers? Did you purchase the guard for the front, rear, or both front and rear?

If you aren't familiar with NYC garages, they are all valet style parking and the cars are parked (and moved) similar to that board game Rush Hour, often with attendants having to go through multiple passenger cabins or walk on cars to get out of / into a vehicle. PPF unfortunately will not save it from impacts and dents and the bigger concern is contact from other cars being moved, not the Model 3 driving into something.

I should be getting my M3 over the next couple of months and have a similar issue. I have an Audi Allroad that has a bumpshox in the front (that my garage guys recommended I install). Over the past few years the rear bumper has gotten pretty scratched up. I am thinking about getting the BumperBlocker set - has full bumper protection for both front and back. It looks like it adjusts to fit pretty well. I will throw them in the trunk/frunk when I leave the garage. Only downside I can see is that it has to strap to the wheel well which may get nicked up. Let me know what you ended up using and how it has worked.

Reactions: stayfocus18
Just remove your bumper temporarily like this guy. Presto! no scratches on bumper.
url