Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 cracked glass

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm new to the forum & found it while researching info on the rear window chip/crack on my M3. Thanks for the informative posts, it appears my chip/crack started in the lower left bottom and progressed to a crack running above the top defroster line within a week. The window is ceramic tinted. I took delivery in early December. I have an appointment with Tesla Service next week. Being a newbie to the forum I apparently cannot post a photo at this time.

Just noticed a crack in the roof. Over $1,100 to have it replaced. Is this not a known issue? Maybe they need to do a recall!

Attachments

• 20190903_073021.jpg
    20190903_073021.jpg
    851.9 KB · Views: 125
I have a 4 inch crack in the rear glass roof. Does anyone know if any glass shop can handle this or does it need a special repair? Can I just drill the ends to stop it and fill it?

Thanks,

Scott Franco
San Jose, CA

Hi Scott, I had a crack in the rear window on/around August 31, took it to Palm Springs Tesla Service center for evaluation and repair. Although an outside authority examined it and said it was a stress fracture, the service center, however, insisted it was from an impact. They charged about $650 to replace. (I am initiated a small claims action, as I think there is enough documentation to conclude the M3s have a demonstrated incidence of stress fractures on the roof and rear windshield). You can get the rear window done at an outside vendor, like Safelite, but they must get the glass delivered from Tesla. I don't know if they can do the roof. Good luck!