Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 crash on empty highway (AEB involved?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was either TACC or AP on? AEB gets blamed a lot for false braking when the vast majority of the time it's false braking with TACC or with AP.

Now that doesn't mean AEB didn't falsely brake. But, just that I'm trying to get a more complete picture of what happened.

I think your best course of action is to continue to press Tesla for log information. I'd also file a complaint with the NHTSA as false braking with AEB is a safety concern.

With enough complaints Tesla will be forced to fix it if there is indeed a problem. This was a problem with the Nissan Rogue, and as a result of complaints to the NHTSA the Mfg. was forced to update the SW.

If accurate, ghost braking by TACC seems like the most likely reason here, made worse by slippery conditions causing the car to swerve.

This is something I've been pondering as winter approaches: I'd really prefer a completely "dumb" TACC as an option.

Now the cruise is basically AP without Autosteer, and it's just way too dangerous to use it when the roads are slippery. I've had no issues using cruise control in previous cars in limited capacity during winter in safe conditions, but that's solely due to their deterministic nature.

Seems well within the forum rules. Looks like we need to moderate the moderators.

Look like we need to actually read the TOS.

"You agree that TMC in its sole discretion, may ban your account, terminate your password, account (or any part thereof) or use of the Service, and remove and discard any Content within the Service, for any reason,"

"TMC and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or move any content."

"Without limiting the foregoing, TMC and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the TOS or is otherwise objectionable."

Creating a thread headline concluding something which in fact is not supported by the evidence but is mere speculation, and is likely to be used by others to support a negative narrative, I find objectionable.

• Disagree
Reactions: theStig
@bhzmark Well, actually more than likely the old thread of this title was effectively true. Ghost braking happened and that caused a swerve in slippery conditions.

Sudden ghost braking certainly is akin to AEB in TACC, whether or not it is exactly AEB.

The title now is washed to mean nothing which probably was the intent of course of whomever reported it.

• Funny
Reactions: bhzmark and theStig
Look like we need to actually read the TOS.

"You agree that TMC in its sole discretion, may ban your account, terminate your password, account (or any part thereof) or use of the Service, and remove and discard any Content within the Service, for any reason,"

"TMC and its designees shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or move any content."

"Without limiting the foregoing, TMC and its designees shall have the right to remove any Content that violates the TOS or is otherwise objectionable."

Creating a thread headline concluding something which in fact is not supported by the evidence but is mere speculation, and is likely to be used by others to support a negative narrative, I find objectionable.

Of all the speculative titles and threads in this forum, this one is chosen as objectionable? By that logic, most of this forum needs to be rewritten.

The work is cut out for you mods.

How worn are your rear tires? @jerry33 might have some comment

upload_2019-11-21_18-31-13.png