Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Deal Breaker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want to see how many in this forum the ugly large screen on top of the dash will be a deal breaker for them on this model, And if so what is your suggestion ? So yes I will not buy this model just because of the monitor look and my suggestion is to use a 10 or 12 inch screen integrated into the dash and I would like the classic instrument cluster behind the wheel I prefer one piece LCD but classic gauges are ok.

I want to see how many in this forum the ugly large screen on top of the dash will be a deal breaker for them on this model, And if so what is your suggestion ? So yes I will not buy this model just because of the monitor look and my suggestion is to use a 10 or 12 inch screen integrated into the dash and I would like the classic instrument cluster behind the wheel I prefer one piece LCD but classic gauges are ok.
suggest you scroll through older threads. we've already beaten this horse to death.

I expect that the display will in fact be part of the dash - just horizontal rather than vertical, and there is no way in Riverside that the display will be as small as that offered in Chevy's nuts and Bolt.

Anyone who finds Tesla design, while not perfect (see B-pillar snafu, cup holders, lack of coat hooks if no pano) but still deservedly award-winning about a hundred times over, to be a dealbreaker of any sort has truly missed the forest for the trees.

All will be well.

Only deal breaker for me would be another economy downturn in the scale of 2008-2011. Working in an industry that is very influenced by the economy, I would have to put some serious thought into financing a new car, or at the least stepping down what options I would choose.
I can't see a design change (or the status of the tax rebate) causing me to cancel.

Could someone proofread (or translate) the original post, please? I suspect a couple/few intended words may be missing. Thanks.

I suspect it might be a complaint about a 'missing' display of technical data, such as speedometer, odometer, revolutions per minute, oil pressure, water level, oil temperature, volts, etc. behind the steering wheel. I don't much mind the interior not being a replica of a Jaguar E-Type, Morgan Plus Eight Phoenix, Caterham Seven, or Shelby Cobra. The further away from Victorian era concepts of 'luxury' the better. I'd much rather look toward...The FUTURE!
jaguar-e-type-v-12-commemorative-edition-convertible.2000x1331.Jan-11-2012_12.33.21.851572.jpg

cobra-sullens-az5-dash.jpg

car_photo_586930.jpg

1200px-The_interior_of_Morgan_%2B8.JPG

3eeaee843f6d5dddbca3256a180b756f-650-80.jpg

I'm praying for a HUD projected on the windshield somehow (as has been rumored). I worry about having to look down and to my right to see my speed/range/autopilot info. That just feels dangerous to me at highway speeds.

Realistically though, I don't think Musk is stupid and he wouldn't have that be the main interface. It was stated that it will make more sense after the part 2 event, and I feel very confident that I'll be happy with the final solution.

Much prefer the landscape 15" screen to the vertical model S. The full screen reverse camera when reversing would be awesome on a landscape screen. No deal breaker it's a love breaker for me. Just buy the model S if you don't like it.

Could someone proofread (or translate) the original post, please? I suspect a couple/few intended words may be missing. Thanks.

I suspect it might be a complaint about a 'missing' display of technical data, such as speedometer, odometer, revolutions per minute, oil pressure, water level, oil temperature, volts, etc. behind the steering wheel. I don't much mind the interior not being a replica of a Jaguar E-Type, Morgan Plus Eight Phoenix, Caterham Seven, or Shelby Cobra. The further away from Victorian era concepts of 'luxury' the better. I'd much rather look toward...The FUTURE!
jaguar-e-type-v-12-commemorative-edition-convertible.2000x1331.Jan-11-2012_12.33.21.851572.jpg

cobra-sullens-az5-dash.jpg

car_photo_586930.jpg

1200px-The_interior_of_Morgan_%2B8.JPG

3eeaee843f6d5dddbca3256a180b756f-650-80.jpg
you know the first pic looks actually really timeless. What car is this?

I think what will happen is that tesla keeps the centre screen and then adds a HUD...