Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 decision time: used now vs new later

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had my 2018 LR RWD for over 5 years and I still love it and intend to keep it until I can't. I would bet that most problems were already fixed by the previous owner, so you should be good with the drive train warranty. Oh, and I still occasionally get the original rated 310 miles of range. At this age, you might want to check the 12v battery, and if it hasn't already been changed, you should do that proactively.

There will ALWAYS be new and newer models. With the money you'll be saving on gas, maintenance, and time in gas stations, you can save up and get a new one in 10 years when this car maybe wears out.

Prices of the used EVs are falling. I bought a M3 LR couple weeks ago from a private party for 36K. 2022 with less than 4K miles.
When I did run the VIN through the tesla website to figure out the value as a trade-in the upper range of the trade in value was $500 more than what I paid for.
I have already seen 2022 with similar mileage at the dealers for $42K. There is a website that tracks teslas prices, and you can see that they have fallen sharply, alt least for the 2022 models.
I think that as soon as new Model 3 comes out the prices might fall even furhter, depending on what "improvements" the updated model has.