Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 delivery for those in N.Ireland

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Just new to forum but did a search on here and couldn't find the info I needed.
We obviously don't have a tesla service center yet. The nearest is in Dublin but they're euros etc.

If I order from Tesla UK - where do I collect it from?
If it's only from the UK will the Dublin service center help me with issues I have or will I need to take it over to the mainland each time I encounter something?

I know Belfast is due to get a service center sometime soon but i'm interested in ordering a Tesla M3 very soon!

Kind regards,
Charles

Hi and Welcome!

I only had the option for collection in Edinburgh when I ordered on 1st May. There’s someone else on here closer to the border who had the option of both Edinburgh or Manchester. Not sure if that was due to their location or if they offered more choice after orders opened.

Pretty sure you can go to whatever service centre is closest.

if you order now you could be waiting a while! Don’t trust the delivery time on the website. Also make sure you use a referral code as you will get 1000 miles free super charging. If you need a link let me know or use someone else’s on this site who has helped you out.

Hi and Welcome!

I only had the option for collection in Edinburgh when I ordered on 1st May. There’s someone else on here closer to the border who had the option of both Edinburgh or Manchester. Not sure if that was due to their location or if they offered more choice after orders opened.

Pretty sure you can go to whatever service centre is closest.

if you order now you could be waiting a while! Don’t trust the delivery time on the website. Also make sure you use a referral code as you will get 1000 miles free super charging. If you need a link let me know or use someone else’s on this site who has helped you out.

I placed an order last week for M3 SR+ but beforehand I called up and on the advice of Tesla the Dublin location was not an option for folks in N.Ireland so I had to order via the Edinburgh SC location.

I ordered and forgot to use a referral code - can you ask Tesla to add one retroactively?

Yep they seemed to make an exception for 1st May orders where there were some website issues with referral codes on existing reservations but since then they seem to have tightened up.

All welcome at Edinburgh SC for pick-ups - quite a lot of us on here and in the FB group from the area :)

Reactions: -DB-
I live in Northern Ireland but am collecting my M3 from Heathrow.

The website, after placing the order, asks for 2 addresses, the registratiuon address which is the important one, and the delivery address. The delivery address is only used to present options for collection so you can enter anything you like. A Belfast delivery address only gave me Edinburghas an option so I created an address near London and I had the option of Heathrow. Of course the registered address is Northern Ireland but I am collecting from Heathrow.

Aer Lingus do cheap flights out of Belfast city to heathrow and the Tesla Centre is just 3 miles from the airport. I'm taking a few days to visit family in Wales and then back on the holyhead ferry through Dublin. Much better option for me than going to Scotland.

So, you can collect yor car from anywhere you want, just invent a delivery address near your desired location so the website gives you the options.

Also, you are more likely to get your car a few days earlier from Heathrow than Edinburgh.

Reactions: -DB-