Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Delivery situation in New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I contacted Tesla auckland, about my vehicle, they notified with the usual "We only know as much as you do, we cant see anything more than what your app will show you".

So I decided to go "Karen" on them and notified them that this is possibly my 4 call between the 5-7 months and that they seem to have full-filled numerous Model Y orders within just weeks of ordering, full-filled numerous March orders, what is going on here they were sympathetic to my questions but noted to me that Tesla NZ has not NZ Manager and that person is Based in Australia and there is no way to escalate the matter.

I further noted to them, that since i ordered in feb 2022 i will be in receipt of a 2022 model however if end up waiting till December then my car will already be a year old without even using it it will depreciate significantly in 1 month (knowing how much they change their vehicles in due course time).

I do understand i got in before the price rise, but does that mean that i have to be disadvantaged, in my order i am paying for the purchase, on road costs even shipping of the vehicle then why am i not able to receive it in my EDD time frame?

I wonder does Tesla not want to fulfil my order because the time i ordered my specified vehicle i got it at a significantly cheaper price than what it would cost now, are they waiting for me to give up and purchase a second hand one at a more expensive price?

Again there was no response from the CSR at tesla I do not personally blame that person for not knowing anything about what is happening? i blame the company from keeping people in the dark, changing dates as they feel, not delivering their vehicles on promised EDD times, for goodness sakes there is a 2 month gap in the EDD and they cannot even meet that?

Sorry if i come across a bit crossed, but the whole experience has been nothing but frustrating? their if you want our car then tough stick it out attitude will bite them badly one day.
I know... this is just the starting. Even after getting the car it's same due to few cultural issues:
  1. Tesla NZ is just delivery and service shop with no access to key details, even the bugs reported from NZ car
  2. Tesla got endless fan boys, who care more about share prices, so any negative word or comment, they bully victims and make sure nothing sees light of the day or news paper pages
  3. Tesla started new tradition of shopping cart pre-order your 2nd/3rd most expensive purchase in life and hope you get it. Taken away car buying experience altogether.
  4. Tesla started culture of entertainment focused cars, compared to traditional experience and service focused cars... same for security. They might have all the safety features but none reliable, never sure when which one would fail 🤐🤥
This means, they do what they want, either we suck it up and stay or suck it up and leave 🤪 🤷 😏 🙄🤦‍♂️

I hope you get your car sooner, or hopefully they are in dark and it's seating in yard already... if not, either go to consumer court and stand up for it or get to someone better who cares about customers

Reactions: montybhai
What lunacy is that? You'll get the exact model they are makign at the time not last years.

You'll be paying Feb pricing and getting a new car. They are not going to make an old car for you and they dont have them sat round just to piss off people.
I am not saying that I will get a last years car, I am saying if I wait longer I will get a 2022 registered vehicle may be around Nov - Dec and then come 2023 poof my vehicle is a year old in 1 month.

In reply to your other statement "they dont have them sat round just to piss off people." It seems like they do. I wonder how many other people here have Feb orders and are still waiting for them?

• Funny
Reactions: Audietron
I am not saying that I will get a last years car, I am saying if I wait longer I will get a 2022 registered vehicle may be around Nov - Dec and then come 2023 poof my vehicle is a year old in 1 month.

In reply to your other statement "they dont have them sat round just to piss off people." It seems like they do. I wonder how many other people here have Feb orders and are still waiting for them?
Your car doesn't exist until they get at new Zealand and allocate VIN number to you... so technically you will get whatever is produced when they finally decide to build your car and deliver, and once you pay full, on day or day before delivery car will be freshly registered in New Zealand

oh my word if you are this difficult no a forum my sympathies are with Tesla sales staff

oh my word if you are this difficult no a forum my sympathies are with Tesla sales staff
Easy for us to critique someone when we received our cars on time... once we put ourselves in his shoes, we can understand how hard it is to wait around being ignored and seeing 1000s of cars delivered to people who ordered cars alongside and after him...

How would you feel if someone says similar to you for calling out wrong party to fault here? Be nice.

I have been waiting since March for my RWD MSM. Yes, I would prefer to have had my car already.

End of the day, I can continue waiting or decide to cancel - I’ll wait.

Complaining about the delayed delivery when terms and conditions were clear and it is an estimated delivery date doesn’t change anything imho.

I have been waiting since March for my RWD MSM. Yes, I would prefer to have had my car already.

End of the day, I can continue waiting or decide to cancel - I’ll wait.

Complaining about the delayed delivery when terms and conditions were clear and it is an estimated delivery date doesn’t change anything imho.
Very true... agree with you that either wait or not wait are only two options with pre-orders. Much easier when it's toaster, maybe not when it's car....

It's lack of communication and answers when asked how other similar or newlyaunched cars delivered faster makes one frustrated... can't blame the customer but only the company for not communicating.

Reactions: montybhai
So I contacted Tesla auckland, about my vehicle, they notified with the usual "We only know as much as you do, we cant see anything more than what your app will show you".

So I decided to go "Karen" on them and notified them that this is possibly my 4 call between the 5-7 months and that they seem to have full-filled numerous Model Y orders within just weeks of ordering, full-filled numerous March orders, what is going on here they were sympathetic to my questions but noted to me that Tesla NZ has not NZ Manager and that person is Based in Australia and there is no way to escalate the matter.

I further noted to them, that since i ordered in feb 2022 i will be in receipt of a 2022 model however if end up waiting till December then my car will already be a year old without even using it it will depreciate significantly in 1 month (knowing how much they change their vehicles in due course time).

I do understand i got in before the price rise, but does that mean that i have to be disadvantaged, in my order i am paying for the purchase, on road costs even shipping of the vehicle then why am i not able to receive it in my EDD time frame?

I wonder does Tesla not want to fulfil my order because the time i ordered my specified vehicle i got it at a significantly cheaper price than what it would cost now, are they waiting for me to give up and purchase a second hand one at a more expensive price?

Again there was no response from the CSR at tesla I do not personally blame that person for not knowing anything about what is happening? i blame the company from keeping people in the dark, changing dates as they feel, not delivering their vehicles on promised EDD times, for goodness sakes there is a 2 month gap in the EDD and they cannot even meet that?

Sorry if i come across a bit crossed, but the whole experience has been nothing but frustrating? their if you want our car then tough stick it out attitude will bite them badly one day.
Frankly, if you're this worked up about the pre-delivery wait, I'm not sure you're going to enjoy the ownership experience that much. Sadly it's tesla in a nutshell. Shouldn't be, I agree, but it is. I can't imagine that the post-delivery service is going to be all that responsive over the next few years with the number of cars they are delivering right now. So my suggestion would either be to find a way to make peace with that (up to a point) or consider other options.

Well, for some reason I woke up at 3:30am. After checking email and news, I checked the Tesla app - things changed.

Logged in with browser, accepted Tesla Vision - I have a VIN in source code (LRW3F7FS9NC6XXXXX).

Happy days!!! Good luck y'all
Congratulations for finding light at end of long tunnel... hopefully everyone on pending list are getting surprises like you did.

Reactions: Dinuir
Well, for some reason I woke up at 3:30am. After checking email and news, I checked the Tesla app - things changed.

Logged in with browser, accepted Tesla Vision - I have a VIN in source code (LRW3F7FS9NC6XXXXX).

Happy days!!! Good luck y'all
Good morning All,

Dinuir thank you for letting us know I too got an update same with the Tesla Vision and a VIN assigned - the delivery dates are between Nov 21-Dec 5 ,still disappointed that I have to maybe wait unto another 2 months but at least I know something now