Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Door Labels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

KennethS

May 3, 2019
Herts, UK
Probably a silly question: My M3 was delivered with a white ID sticker/label on each door on the inside doorjamb. They are not particularly carefully attached and I am just wondering if there is any reason I should not remove them? They look to me like something that should have been removed pre-delivery. I have attached a photo, with a rudimentary attempt at obscuring my VIN.

Door Stickers.jpg

See the way the corner is folded back? I take that as these were meant to be removed. They are on 3 of my 4 doors and all of them have the corner folded in for what seems logical to be easy removal. Well, I say easy as I started to remove them once but it started leaving residue so I stopped until I got home but I've never finished. I will be removing mine after I get needle nose pliers and some goo gone. Remember to pull back at as much an angle as possible to reduce residue.

• Informative
Reactions: KennethS
See the way the corner is folded back? I take that as these were meant to be removed. They are on 3 of my 4 doors and all of them have the corner folded in for what seems logical to be easy removal. Well, I say easy as I started to remove them once but it started leaving residue so I stopped until I got home but I've never finished. I will be removing mine after I get needle nose pliers and some goo gone. Remember to pull back at as much an angle as possible to reduce residue.
Thanks for this. I will get some goo gone stuff as well. I figure the earlier I get them off the easier it may be, rather than waiting months whist they get too comfortable!

This reminds me of my time in the Middle East.
There, no labels are removed, even if the car is several years old, it will still have half its windscreen covered in delivery bar codes.
A large energy efficiency label will block one of the passenger windows.
Inside, the seats will be covered in plastic and any screens will still have the protective plastic on them.
Additionally, the car will have never been serviced and the driver will have never passed any sort of driving test or have read the manual.

Glad to have survived the daily commute which was always an adventure!

Labels like this are often a lot easier to remove if warmed up gently with a heat gun. The adhesive will often come away cleanly when the label and surface is warm, but tend to break up and leave a residue if pulled off when cold.

Reactions: jmaddr