Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 everywhere!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Toyota sells almost 400k Camry’s per year...

In the US you mean? I ask because over here there is no such thing as a Camry, nor any similar model by Toyota. Come to think of it, none of the top US sellers are big hits over here, with most of them not even available in the first place.

I fear it will be similar with the Model 3. By the time it hits our shores, unfavorable exchange rates, import duties etc. will have made the price so unattractive versus the ICE competition that any chance of a big sales success is lost.
I always find it fascinating when American forum members describe the situation over there, with forecasts that BMW et al will lose loads of sales due to the Model 3. Very unlikely over here, unless there would be a variant of the Model 3 that could match a well equipped middle class ICE like the A4, C-class, 3-series, Passat etc. in price at least partly. As it is, the "Tesla tax" is so enormous that only a select few super rich people can afford one. If the Model 3 starts at around 50K Euro without options (which doesn't seem unrealistic at all), the situation won't change very much in Tesla's favor unfortunately.

Toyota sells almost 400k Camry’s per year...
Yes, they're running just under 30K/month average so far this year.

Expect Aug Model 3 deliveries to be in the 20K range....and of course rising.

That Tesla sales are still relatively geographically concentrated means if you own one it's quite likely you'll see lots of them if not already then shortly.

I remember back in 2012, 2013 when I barely saw a Tesla in a month even in Orange County. Hardly seen original roadsters. Maybe once a year or so and that goes kinda today too. I think I only saw 3 roadsters in real life. One orange roadster in the parking structure in Beverly Hills area and other two in Newport Beach/Coast area.

Anyway, I got so excited anytime I saw Model S. When we are in the same direction, I would follow it as much as I could to take a glimse at it. I admit I was jealous of Tesla parking next to my Chevy Volt, my first electric car.

Starting 2014, I begin to see more Teslas. More like once in a week frequency. When I got my Tesla in 2016, I think I saw on average one or two other Teslas on average.

Now I see them so many in I-5 N/S in commute time especially on Carpool lanes and also grocery markets have quite a number of Teslas. Despite the saturation of Teslas, I still get excited whenever I see them even today!! I know not everyone will feel this way, but for weird reasons, it feels like we are all cheering for the same sports team with uniform jerseys :D.

Over the long holiday weekend I was in the Napa Valley and was shocked at how many Model 3s I saw on the road. I know the Bay Area is a hub of Tesla sales, but it seemed like the Model 3 was the most popular car on the road this weekend (and that's not an exaggeration). Whatever production problems Tesla had, they seem to have resolved them (at least in terms of getting cars to customers). Wow.

I was in Napa Valley also over the long weekend. Also shocked how many Model 3's were in and around the area also. Also, found out the hotel I was staying at actually has 8 separate Tesla HPWC destination chargers in the garage. And if there were more than 8 Tesla's staying, they would just rotate the cars around until all Tesla's were fully charged. Then I headed over to Silverado Resort & Spa and right in my face in the parking lot with me in an ICE rental...

zYsmBL5.jpg

Felt bad leaving my Model 3 at the airport for nearly a week...