Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 everywhere!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Over the long holiday weekend I was in the Napa Valley and was shocked at how many Model 3s I saw on the road. I know the Bay Area is a hub of Tesla sales, but it seemed like the Model 3 was the most popular car on the road this weekend (and that's not an exaggeration). Whatever production problems Tesla had, they seem to have resolved them (at least in terms of getting cars to customers). Wow.

I tried to get into the wrong one in the office parking lot recently.
This is the core of why I want to do a colour wrap. The Model 3 is about to get "Camry" popular and I've long been perturbed about having to filter through Midnight Silver** Camrys to find ours in the parking lot. :p

** I think Toyota calls it something different but in Tesla nomenclature that's the colour.

My dad is waiting on an AWD 3 in Minnesota and is out visiting me in California. He hasn't seen a single one in MN, but we counted 19 as we drove around on Sunday between Santa Cruz and Los Gatos.

I am seeing the same here in South Florida. I usually see at least 4-5 every afternoon it seems going to get my son from daycare. The local Tesla store in the mall is always packed with curious people which is great to see!

I know, but they are always full! We need more! :D
As thick on the ground as SC are in CA, there are far more grey [planned & in construction] pins there than current SC. Though Tesla is going to need to balance that now with Model 3s going all over the place that Tesla hasn't traditionally sold into so they really need to fill up those longstanding NA holes like North Dakota, West Texas, Arkansas (it's this weird little hole), and Canada.

I was at Point Reyes national seashore (north of SF) last weekend, and there are 3 free charging stations at the visitor center and all 3 spots were model 3 with different colors! (including me). Also, when I was on my way there passing by Fremont factory, I saw three trucks loaded with model 3.

The only bummer is that I lost my SAE/J1772 adapter in the Point Reyes charging station :(. Apparently I did not notice that the adapter was attached to the charging gun and forgot to take it.

• Informative
Reactions: SD_Engnr
I was in Santa Cruz last week for 3 days, and only saw one 3 the whole time, actually in San Jose near the airport. Probably just dumb luck of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Saw a lot of S's though. Was visiting my dad - turns out he's got 2 reservations for 3's, just hasn't used them yet.