TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Financing

Discussion in 'Model 3: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by robertdesarbo, Jun 19, 2018.

1. robertdesarbo

robertdesarbo Member

I apologize if this was already covered but does anyone have a good recommendation for financing? My local CU is 3% for 72 months which isnt bad.

Does anyone know what Tesla's options are offering? I put down to finance through Tesla but if the rates are really bad ill go somewhere else. I have excellent credit and looking to put ~$10,000 down.

I live in NY.

Invite - 4/18
    Config - 4/20

2. robertdesarbo

robertdesarbo Member

1-2 months ago someone told me 3.39% 72 month, 3.34% 60 month, and 3.24% 48 month but wasnt sure what others experiences were if they dont mind sharing.

3. duckm4n

duckm4n Member

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  4. Surfrider007

Surfrider007 New Member

just got 72 months from California Credit Union for 2.39%. They were fantastic to deal with. Picking up a check today with delivery on Saturday.

• Informative x 1
  5. PR MAVERICK

PR MAVERICK Member

Dcu 2.49% 65 months with 10k down

• Informative x 1
  6. JAUSA

JAUSA Member

How much did you finance?

7. robquast

robquast Member

8. Surfrider007

Surfrider007 New Member

9. Lasttoy

Lasttoy Member

3% is great, take it. I got 3.15%

10. brianhill33

brianhill33 Member

I also live in CT. I pick up my 21,xxx VIN at the Mt Kisco, NY store on 6/26, just in time to take advantage of the EV loan program. I'm financing the max $30k at .99% for 66 months.

3/31/16 line waiter at Short Hills, NJ, 4/15/18 invite, 4/17/18 Configuration, 6/11/18 Preparing for Delivery Email, 6/26/18 Delivery
    Black, PUP, Aero, EAP

11. thatguy142

thatguy142 Member

Ugh, really disappointed to see that the EV Loan program is ending so soon. I wonder if a new program will come about for the next fiscal year.

12. thatguy142

thatguy142 Member

So just spoke to someone who works at Greenbank and while it doesn't say it on the website yet, the program will still be around after June 30th with a rate of 1.99% moving forward.

13. duckm4n

duckm4n Member

If you or any part of your family is associated with the Federal Government or it's contractors you should quality for FedChoice FCU. New Members get a 1% discount of their rates and through June 30 they have an extra .25% off. Their lowest minimum rate is 1.49%. It is currently possible to get 1.49% for up to 72 months during this discount.

• Informative x 1
  14. duckm4n

duckm4n Member

Sorry, meant to put immediate family or household

15. SyrinxStarman

SyrinxStarman New Member

Got pre-approved with Xceed for 55k at 3.2% for 84 mos (probably will go with 72, but was curious what 84 would look like). $0 down aside from the $3,500 to Tesla. Hoping to order in the next few months.

16. walt2810

walt2810 Member

2.64 @ 72 months - 35k @ NuVision CU southern california

17. dendenyc

dendenyc Member

2.79% @ 72mnt from Bethpage CU in NY...closing is a pain in the rear (because of Tesla not CU). They require you open a savings account at the CU which has to be funded with min $5

18. psyrob

psyrob Member

I got 4.74% for 60 months from Wells Fargo, but I have less than perfect credit, one past loan settled for less than full amount. Anyone use Tesla financing with some credit ding? I had a meeting with a Wells Fargo loan officer and explained all the circumstances which made the difference, as just applying on line I was getting turned down: I thought Wells Fargo might be a more flexible as they need to improve their reputation.

19. Gborn

Gborn New Member

Dendennyc- Did you look into other Long Island credit unions? Thx

20. ghostaudi6

ghostaudi6 Member

Tesla financing offered me 50k @ 3.55% with 10% down