Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$120K is the "Buy It Now" option. Bidding starts at $65K and there is no reserve price. That's a $16K markup over the $49K price of the first-production cars. But it has the 18" aero wheels. I don't know if those are the standard or the upgrade, so the opening bid might be only $15K (?) over what the person paid. I think it's very unlikely you'd have to pay $120K if you bid on it. You'd probably be the only bidder and get it for $65K.

I think it is a cheap price. This is clearly not aimed at Joe Doe who just can't wait and considers a few bucks to jump the queue - this is aimed at automotive companies that want to benchmark/tear-down a Model 3. In fact, I would try to ask for half a million USD and if I were Tesla I would open an official "Benchmark a Tesla" programme and offer "no-wait but pay 1 Million USD for up to 5 benchmarking cars per car maker" to provide access to the Model 3. Maybe that way, Mercedes is not forced to cheat, lie and destroy other people's property for their own benchmarking purposes...

If I were GM, Audi, Mercedes or BMW, I would definitely pay such a price to find out if Tesla is full of it or delivers (and even more importantly HOW they deliver on their promises - at least GM has publicly declared that they have no clue how the Model 3 can be so affordable)