Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 front bumper replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the wonderful misfortune of hitting a dolly/push cart on a freeway in my lane at night. I tried to avoid it, but it was too late, and so, hit the left side of the bumper. The damage was a bit more than I anticipated and the bumper will need replacement.Any idea how much should I expect in costs, and if the Tesla owned body shop in Texas will repair this? My parking sensors and auto-lane change are also not functioning as I get an error that the system is unable to communicate with the ultrasound sensor.

The emergency warning came almost after my car struck the dolly, so was of absolutely no help.

Attachments

• IMG_20200911_141635.jpg
    IMG_20200911_141635.jpg
    735.3 KB · Views: 307
For now you should be able to reinsert that sensor back in it’s hole and see if it works.

Did you have Auto Pilot on? I saw a M3 swerve around a orange road pylon, caught on one of Dirty Tesla videos.

Fred

Its around $950 for a bumper painted and installed from tesla.

You can likely buy it and install yourself for cheaper. Also ebay has decent used ones for under $250.
Thank you. I will take a look at those.I have been looking up a few videos of the front bumper on youtube, and it does seems like it may not be such a difficult install. Also, I can see that those parts on Tesla parts catalog website, but as a customer, I am unable to order myself or see the prices.

That’s sucks, I’ve hit objects in the highway with no chance of avoiding them
Hope you get it sorted, maybe Tesla can order a painted bumper and fit it in the service center with minimal downtime
Yeah, I hope so too. Good to know there is an option to get a painted bumper. I am really weary of going to any of the Tesla authorized body shops, as they seem to always have higher prices.