TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 Front Bumper Rock Damage

Discussion in 'Model 3: Interior & Exterior' started by sfkeeyan, Mar 15, 2020.

Tags:
  1. sfkeeyan

sfkeeyan New Member

First post here..
    I was driving on the highway the other day when I heard a loud thud. Turns out I hit a rock, damaged my front bumper. Fairly decent scratch and a bit of paint damage on the bumper plastic. I guess it seems minor but I get more annoyed everytime I look at it, especially since I got the car recently..any ideas on a fix?
    9044E1AA-6BA1-4E36-9E45-2A4F1D016ADD.jpeg DECC768A-F61B-490B-BEAB-1467497BAFEB.jpeg

Attached Files:

2. sfkeeyan

sfkeeyan New Member

Tried the Tesla paint kit, didn’t work btw.

3. 03DSG

03DSG Active Member

Bumper cover repair and repaint probably your best bet. Amazing how well a good shop can repair bumper covers. My rear bumper cover repair/repaint without the sensor/bracket replacement mine required was around $1000 and it came out great.

• Like x 1
  4. vaiadesign

vaiadesign Closed

Looks like you're looking at a repair and repaint. If you end up going that route I would look into getting clear bra on your front bumper to protect the new paint from knicks and dings like these.

5. TLLMRRJ

TLLMRRJ Active Member

Such a minor damage that I would try a local mobile bumper repair service. A good one would make it like new, and wouldn't be very expensive. If it's not a great job, then you can go to a body shop, or get a new Tesla pre-painted bumper, without losing out too much money from trying the mobile bumper repair.

6. Chris88

Chris88 Member

If you want it done right and to look good it'll need to be sanded out and repainted. Very simple job for any decent body shop