Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Front Bumper Rock Damage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post here..
I was driving on the highway the other day when I heard a loud thud. Turns out I hit a rock, damaged my front bumper. Fairly decent scratch and a bit of paint damage on the bumper plastic. I guess it seems minor but I get more annoyed everytime I look at it, especially since I got the car recently..any ideas on a fix?
9044E1AA-6BA1-4E36-9E45-2A4F1D016ADD.jpeg DECC768A-F61B-490B-BEAB-1467497BAFEB.jpeg

Attachments

• 4729A42C-12B0-4E47-8556-8ED2D1AB1E12.jpeg
    4729A42C-12B0-4E47-8556-8ED2D1AB1E12.jpeg
    149.8 KB · Views: 352
Bumper cover repair and repaint probably your best bet. Amazing how well a good shop can repair bumper covers. My rear bumper cover repair/repaint without the sensor/bracket replacement mine required was around $1000 and it came out great.

Reactions: Jay24
First post here..
I was driving on the highway the other day when I heard a loud thud. Turns out I hit a rock, damaged my front bumper. Fairly decent scratch and a bit of paint damage on the bumper plastic. I guess it seems minor but I get more annoyed everytime I look at it, especially since I got the car recently..any ideas on a fix?
View attachment 521954 View attachment 521953

Looks like you're looking at a repair and repaint. If you end up going that route I would look into getting clear bra on your front bumper to protect the new paint from knicks and dings like these.

Such a minor damage that I would try a local mobile bumper repair service. A good one would make it like new, and wouldn't be very expensive. If it's not a great job, then you can go to a body shop, or get a new Tesla pre-painted bumper, without losing out too much money from trying the mobile bumper repair.