Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 FSD Upgrade Price is $4,000CAD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm happy I was wrong on this one. I initially thought it was going to be the old upgrade price of $5,200CAD, but it's officially at the really old old old price of $4,000 CAD

l9GxF7J.png

Ahh I found it, thanks! It's showing the new AP and FSD options for me. I took delivery of my Model 3 with no EAP and added it later on over the phone so my Tesla Account probably doesn't recognize that I have EAP. If FSD is now $4000 CAD and includes HW3 upgrade, I am gonna seriously consider it. Damn... Tesla never stops coming up with ways for me to spend! :eek:

Attachments

• Autopilot Upgrade.png
    Autopilot Upgrade.png
    181.4 KB · Views: 124
Ahh I found it, thanks! It's showing the new AP and FSD options for me. I took delivery of my Model 3 with no EAP and added it later on over the phone so my Tesla Account probably doesn't recognize that I have EAP. If FSD is now $4000 CAD and includes HW3 upgrade, I am gonna seriously consider it. Damn... Tesla never stops coming up with ways for me to spend! :eek:

$4000 CAD to add on FSD doesn't seem that bad. I'm tempted because it includes the HW3 upgrade, but my fear is that with the restrictions in Canada for autonomous vehicles that we won't be able to take full advantage of FSD for a long time.

• Informative
Reactions: jkirkwood001
$4000 CAD to add on FSD doesn't seem that bad. I'm tempted because it includes the HW3 upgrade, but my fear is that with the restrictions in Canada for autonomous vehicles that we won't be able to take full advantage of FSD for a long time.
I think that until there is proven validation... I will hold off. Especially for almost $5000 after taxes. I will use that money to pay down the car faster and save a bit on interest.

Agree with all of the above. Regulatory rules are just different here, so who knows how effective it will be and even Musk himself stated that the features may be ready long before regulatory approval allows their implementation.

Would also like some form of written (on line) confirmation or acknowledgement / clarity that the CDN$4,000 price includes the new chip (3.0). (In which case, I would assume even the existing features like NoA would work even better.)

I know there have been lots of Musk statements that the "coming" features will require the new chip (he said it on the earnings call etc). I probably shouldn't read too much into it, but the product description page with the upgrade only talks about software upgrades.

"As these self-driving features evolve, your car will be continuously upgraded through over-the-air software updates."

I don’t disagree. If we get some form of modified advanced summon (even just some minor improvements to the current summon - although it typically works pretty well for me) and the ability to turn on “no nags Navigate on AP” I would be totally satisfied with that feature set as part of my legacy EAP and would unlikely feel the need to spend another $4K plus tax.

Why pay 4000? Unless a promise of HW3 upgrade. With EAP , we have most of FSD features, and the ones which we don’t have will not be available in Canada for decades.
I am also struggling to see the need to buy FSD at this point, especially if you already have the grandfathered EAP. Please correct me if i'm wrong, but from what I've gathered legacy EAP drivers are only missing street sign, traffic light recognition, and self drive on city streets?
Sounds like $4000 saved for me since we have everything else.

Reactions: corlaandstan
I think this is great, you can get the original "when order price" for EAP to FSD.

$4,520 with HST in Ontario.​

I have ordered it. I think it will change and I regret not ordering it in the first place.
I am sure it includes the hardware upgrade, since

EAP = Current available FSD feature set
so the money is to have current FSD promised features reading traffic light and speed signs which need a hardware boost.

Anyways I feel the current 2.5 hardware is overloaded often, I notice it especially when a car crosses your driving path and a second later the car slows. The object recognition is just too slow in city traffic. The 2.5 hardware is fine in the fairly static highway situation. Normally on the highway cars have slow relative motion relative to your car.

FSD Price History.png

Yah, I'm more concerned on being stuck with 2.5 hardware. Think I'll wait to see reviews on advantages of 3.0. While I really enjoy EAP, it does fail a little more often then it should to the point where my wife doesn't trust it beyond stop and go traffic.

For those of you in Ontario, I thought they had approved autonomous driving / vehicles? I'm in BC so I have no faith our government will approve anytime soon, we still don't have Uber!

Yah, I'm more concerned on being stuck with 2.5 hardware. Think I'll wait to see reviews on advantages of 3.0. While I really enjoy EAP, it does fail a little more often then it should to the point where my wife doesn't trust it beyond stop and go traffic.

For those of you in Ontario, I thought they had approved autonomous driving / vehicles? I'm in BC so I have no faith our government will approve anytime soon, we still don't have Uber!
They did :)

I've personally seen a few self driving vehicles in Kitchener- Waterloo over the past year. Really cool to see :)