Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 FSD Upgrade Price is $4,000CAD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow a year later this thread gets revived. Reading the old posts are actually hilarious. People calling bs on Tesla offering free HW3 retrofits, well I got mine a week ago.
I think the BS part was the fact that for those of us who paid $6,600 for EAP still needed to fork out $2,600 for FSD, whereas the people who didn't buy s*** in the beginning can still get FSD for $6,600.

Reactions: richyrich
i did not purchase FSD and want to pay extra for FSD. Beside auto steer and adapative cruise control, I find other FSD features are abit gimmick right now. For those of you paid, do you guys actually use all the FSD in everyday driving?
I use basic summon (included in EAP) every morning backing out of the garage. I use smart summon (also included in EAP) usually at the end of the day when I leave work for 'fun' and because I leave when I know people aren't walking around the parking lot at work.

I did find one 'fun' use for smart summon this week. I was at Costco at the end of the day, so the lot wasn't crazy busy. After I dropped off my groceries in the car I used the 'follow me' feature to have the car follow while I put the shopping cart back. It was pretty fun, but I wouldn't use it when other cars are flying around a 'regular' public parking space.

Nav on Autopilot is still not working properly for HOV lanes where I live so I enable/disable it when in the HOV lane....again, that's included with EAP (which I bought with the car before basic AP existed).

So, I am using the features which are 'now' under FSD daily....do I think it's worth it? I'm still waiting for improved future functionality, but I got upgraded to HW3 and for that I feel somewhat satisfied. But if I were buying a car with HW3 already in it, I'd probably not pay for FSD and wait for new features to come out that made it 'worth it'.

While its certainly making some buzz around my workplace when people see my car pick me up in the rain, its not worth 9.2k for me to to that :)

Are you saying you got a free FSD upgrade because you bought EAP in summer 2018? If that's the case care to share the secret as i'm the exact same boat.
Wait what no that’s not what happened. I was saying the “sale” Tesla had for FSD for EAP customers was to make it right for getting shafted when they decided to make autopilot standard and only charge for FSD which ended up being cheaper compared to buying EAP+FSD. My point was they won’t make that sale again like the other guy was hoping they would. I bought FSD when it was on “sale”

I left this place for a while since Tesla pissed me off when I paid $4k then the next day it was a lot less, Tesla told me they'd honour the lower price, then never did. It wasn't so much about the money, but just feeling like being stabbed in the back by Tesla who I supported whole heatedly, so I left for a couple of years. Ha! But I'm back now, and thanks to this email (and isolation!)... which restored some of my faith in Tesla... and so looking forward to my Cybertruck...

Hello, this is Tesla Service. We are reaching out to let you know that the complimentary Hardware 3 upgrade that will eventually enable the Full Self-Driving capability for your vehicle is now available to be installed. We have tentatively scheduled you in for May. If the date and time does not work with your schedule, you may modify the appointment from your Mobile App. The repairs may take several hours so we will be able to provide you with either a rental vehicle or Uber voucher for the duration of the service. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] Thank you and have a great day!

I left this place for a while since Tesla pissed me off when I paid $4k then the next day it was a lot less, Tesla told me they'd honour the lower price, then never did. It wasn't so much about the money, but just feeling like being stabbed in the back by Tesla who I supported whole heatedly, so I left for a couple of years. Ha! But I'm back now, and thanks to this email (and isolation!)... which restored some of my faith in Tesla... and so looking forward to my Cybertruck...

Hello, this is Tesla Service. We are reaching out to let you know that the complimentary Hardware 3 upgrade that will eventually enable the Full Self-Driving capability for your vehicle is now available to be installed. We have tentatively scheduled you in for May. If the date and time does not work with your schedule, you may modify the appointment from your Mobile App. The repairs may take several hours so we will be able to provide you with either a rental vehicle or Uber voucher for the duration of the service. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] Thank you and have a great day!

Make sure you change all your passwords after the retrofit:

Tesla Data Leak: Old Components With Personal Info Find Their Way On eBay

Looks like your local service center is being pretty proactive. Nice.