Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (Canada) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ya i think it is too haha.
IMG_5276.jpeg

Annnd nothing

• Funny
Reactions: Saittech
why don't we get front bumper cameras :(. Hopefully they will sell a kit we can get installed
So the Highland engineering builds had front cameras, appeared on Tesla's website initially when orders went live then disappeared, now S/X get them and probably the future Highlands too. The Highland we have now in transit will almost be outdated right after arriving in the customer's driveway.

So the Highland engineering builds had front cameras, appeared on Tesla's website initially when orders went live then disappeared, now S/X get them and probably the future Highlands too. The Highland we have now in transit will almost be outdated right after arriving in the customer's driveway.
If new highlands get cameras then the first orders will get a kit to get one installed by Tesla

If new highlands get cameras then the first orders will get a kit to get one installed by Tesla
This depends on how much the hardware inside the tesla to support the camera has changed, if they had to put in a whole new motherboard or ecu of some sort to support this camera. I doubt we will get a kit. and even if they did provide the kit. it wont be cheap. i think they charged like $800usd for the powered trunk kit for the model 3.

best scenario is that the current hardware already supports it, and it just a plug in and play after a software update or something. but tesla has always been finding ways to cut costs. good example being no power seats on passenger side on the older model 3 and Ys

This depends on how much the hardware inside the tesla to support the camera has changed, if they had to put in a whole new motherboard or ecu of some sort to support this camera. I doubt we will get a kit. and even if they did provide the kit. it wont be cheap. i think they charged like $800usd for the powered trunk kit for the model 3.

best scenario is that the current hardware already supports it, and it just a plug in and play after a software update or something. but tesla has always been finding ways to cut costs. good example being no power seats on passenger side on the older model 3 and Ys
The hardware 4 computer already has a spot on it for a front bumper camera. All new Tesla's have the new hardware 4 computer. So all you need is camera and a wire