Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland live now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What happened to HW4? It’s all everyone’s been talking about for a year or so. Seems it’s as far off as ever if it’s not in this release. Wouldn’t expect to see another hw upgrade for 18-24 months after this as it has to settle in.
I’d love to see a photo of the three red cars next to each other (current red, berlin red and this new red). I get the impression this new red is halfway between the other two.

What happened to HW4? It’s all everyone’s been talking about for a year or so. Seems it’s as far off as ever if it’s not in this release. Wouldn’t expect to see another hw upgrade for 18-24 months after this as it has to settle in.
I’d love to see a photo of the three red cars next to each other (current red, berlin red and this new red). I get the impression this new red is halfway between the other two.
The photos seem to show HW4 repeater cameras if nothing else. I had expected that HW4 was standard

Screenshot_20230902-175447.png

The rear looking side camera shown here looks like the same HW4 camera as is going into most(all?) US built Model Ys currently. So assume you get the HW4 computer and cameras.

Maybe Enhance Auto need to speed up there S3XY stalk development.
(Second post in thread of status from vendor)
Screenshot_20230902-194711.png

Apparently they are already onto it.

The one thing that matters most to me about the refresh is the suspension. Looking forward to seeing some actual reviews on ride quality. Next, of course, is range. Then cabin noise being reduced. But a better ride quality is huge for this vehicle.

Highland will be HW4, with the front bumper camera, though this has not been clearly confirmed in Tesla literature just yet…
It's not clear.

The Demo models shown in Europe had no front bumper camera.
And in the CarWow video where they seemingly read off a list of talking points they mentioned cameras and processor unchanged.

Maybe Shanghai has lots of stock of the old cameras and HW3, so an upgrade will come later?

I just realised as well since there's no stalk - changing gear has to be from the main display screen.
So if the screen froze for whatever reason, I can't put in it Park - say if I'd like to pull over.

There's a high chance I'm just overthinking this too 🤣