Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland White interior (US) waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked Tesla if they'd let me change my order (which includes FSD transfer) to a Performance configuration. One agent online "hung up" on me, just ended the chat. Called and spoke with someone locally who didn't know and said they'd research and get back with me.
But will be curious for others in this boat (with FSD transfer on current order) get any information on switching to Performance and keeping FSD Transfer.
Fully expecting Tesla will say no, but worth checking. I'll have some tradeoffs to do based on what they say.
I asked the rep at the store and he said that FSD transfer is only allowed if your original car was scheduled to be delivered in March. Since Performance was not available in March, FSD transfer will not apply. I am hoping they reduce the price for the LR to be under the Performance with tax credit before I take delivery and that they adjust my price.

Reactions: Truthh
I asked the rep at the store and he said that FSD transfer is only allowed if your original car was scheduled to be delivered in March. Since Performance was not available in March, FSD transfer will not apply. I am hoping they reduce the price for the LR to be under the Performance with tax credit before I take delivery and that they adjust my price.
I would love the price to be reduced as well but how likely is that when we have already put an order in. What would incentivize Tesla to give money back?

It is hard to take delivery of a LR knowing it is more expensive than the performance version with tax credit.
Yeah that is the issue that I’m facing now. But the model 3 long range also increased its price since I ordered back in January. And if my math is correct, it seems like the performance model after the ev credit cost just as much as my long range model 3. But I’ll have to pay more for winter tires here in the east coast. And I can’t rotate tires since the back is wider than the front. Seems like in the long run, performance will cost more. And it will be upsetting if they lowered the price of the long range after delivery

Yeah that is the issue that I’m facing now. But the model 3 long range also increased its price since I ordered back in January. And if my math is correct, it seems like the performance model after the ev credit cost just as much as my long range model 3. But I’ll have to pay more for winter tires here in the east coast. And I can’t rotate tires since the back is wider than the front. Seems like in the long run, performance will cost more. And it will be upsetting if they lowered the price of the long range after delivery
Even for those who aren't needing Winter tires, the cost-of-ownership (measured purely in tires) will 100% be higher for the Performance than for the RWD/AWD. Basically 20" tires cost more than 18s. That is something needling me about "not switching". Plus, as I understand it, a rougher ride. But who knows how much the new Performance suspension will counteract that.
Freely admitting I'm torn. For me, I think the draw really just comes down to "bragging rights", and I'm not sure how much that's truly worth to me.

Oh: A question for current AWD owners.. Since they released the Performance specs, is there any options to post Acceleration Boost in the AWD variant? Speculation was that they were waiting to release the Performance before even talking about Acceleration Boost. That could be a good middle ground.

Reactions: m3houtx and Truthh
I called Tesla to switch my black, long range, white interior to a performance with the same color config. I'm hoping the posted dates are accurate.

Waiting for August delivery for a 1/8/24 order date is insane.

Living in Michigan I can attest to the 20in wheels even with all season tires being horrible. But I just really like the look of the new performance so I'll have to deal with it. The ride comfort on my 2021 performance was fine for me, so looking forward to the improvements.

I called Tesla to switch my black, long range, white interior to a performance with the same color config. I'm hoping the posted dates are accurate.

Waiting for August delivery for a 1/8/24 order date is insane.

Living in Michigan I can attest to the 20in wheels even with all season tires being horrible. But I just really like the look of the new performance so I'll have to deal with it. The ride comfort on my 2021 performance was fine for me, so looking forward to the improvements.
So no issues switching to the performance model?

Reactions: jiren
Ahhh the wait begins, AGAIN. I officially ordered a SG M3P with white interior and FSD. Very excited for it! Current EDD is May - June 2024. Given that my LR White interior original EDD was January - February 2024, I have no confidence that the May - June 2024 date will be met. One can only hope it's different now. Especially with Model S Plaid with new sports seats showing an April - May 2024 EDD. This was the plan all along though, if the M3P launched before receiving my LR, I would switch over. Keeping the LR order just to see when I get a VIN there. Current EDD on that order is April 25 - May 9.