Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 is beautiful!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very nice interior and front end. Kudos for supercharging and autopilot. Not sure about the rear either, its approaching Prius territory!
For this to have 215 mile range, autopilot, insanly futuristic interior and, oh by the way it looks better than a $58,000 Porsche.
I find your comparison to the prius to be quite *poultry

silver_2.jpg
silver_1.jpg
silver_3.jpg
black_1.jpg
red_1.jpg
Official album

Some engineer (Three days before production begins): "Hey Mr. Musk, did you realize we can't open the trunk? It's one piece of glass!"
Elon: "Holy s**t young engineer, you're right! I can send people to space but I never thought about how to open the trunk!"

Dude, are you for real? Perhaps you haven't thought things through...You understand what a concept is and how this works, right?

How many people can fit into a Mission E?
Mission E? don't know. But what I do know is, it looks much better than this car exterior.

Can't open trunk? Never said anything about can't open trunk. I think you need to check your reading skills.

As for concepts, sure I can give tesla some slacks on the design. Maybe they will fix it or what not. Still doubt they will drastically make it much better looking before release.

I don't like how the screen protrudes out like that. The design of the Model S screen that is embedded into the dash is cleaner in my opinion. I wonder why they designed it like this?

Elon said in his presentation that Tesla pushed all of the instruments forward so there would be more space in the car for the passengers. I am getting a maxxed-out performance Model 3 to go along with my S90D! Double Tesla family! =)

Wow!! The car is so beautiful. They went with 3 different designs with 3 different cars in span of few years while companies have been using the same front end for decades. Speaks a lot about the innovation of this company. Love the interior, again breakthrough work.

Reactions: EinSV
I'm glad it's not more hatchback-like than it is, but it's right on the line for me. Hatchbacks are so gross, I wish they'd figure something out with the design to go back in the typical sedan direction. I have no problem with the nose and lack of grill. I hope the center console goes away. My favorite thing about the S when I sat in it today was that I could get in and drop my purse right beside me instead of throwing it by my feet. I realize most of the people involved in production are never going to think of this, but it felt like a huge deal when I got in.

Now that I think of it, though, I don't remember seeing where cup holders were in the S.

Reactions: JenniferQ
Wow, such a beautiful car!

- Autopilot standard
- Supercharging standard

Did you see the touch screen??

Ce7a06vUAAQb6A0.jpg:large

Ce7ah08XEAEKhCz.jpg:large

Sure is beautiful.

They showed the early Model X (prototype) with a pseudo floating screen somewhat like this, but in the end, they just utilized the same Model S monitor layout. The real issue with a floating screen is durability. Kids will yank on it. Sudden stops and/or you end up bang into it... and then the next thing you know, you have a really expensive monitor dangling by wires sitting on your floor.

These cars are prototypes, and things will change.

I don't like how the screen protrudes out like that. The design of the Model S screen that is embedded into the dash is cleaner in my opinion. I wonder why they designed it like this?
If you look at the Model X when they had prototypes, the screen looked like it was in mid-air, thats not the actual case with the finished product. My best guess is that they first REALLY focused on the exterior, then worried about interior nonsense in the short timeframe before they start producing it.

• Informative
Reactions: Electric Jupiter
Remember this is just this a prototype mockup it will still have to have an instrument panel in front of the driver if not the driver would have to keep looking to the right and their eyes wound be leaving the driving area.
As a Mini driver, I can tell you that not having the speedo in front of you, where it belongs, is really annoying.

Reactions: Big-Al
A centered instrument cluster has been done before in a production car. While I think it might end up with one in front of the driver there's no legal reason why they would have to put one there. Look up some pictures of the old Saturn Ion interior. Center cluster with nothing in front of the driver. I presume this makes it easier to adapt for RHD applications as well.

saturn-ion-interior-3.jpg
Ease of RHD versions was Saturn and Mini's excuse. But unless you've driven one, you have no idea how annoying it is to look over to the side to see the speedo.

Ok., so it doesn't blow my skirt up in the styling area, but I understand the design constraints of providing headroom for five adults, with the shorter overall length. Can they work on the blunt front nose though. Where's the model X stylized logo/slit grill?