Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 just arrived, which floormats are better?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you were in a climate with lots of snow and slush, I'd highly recommend the Tuxmat, since they hold lots of "junk" while protecting the carpet and interior side moldings and are very well shaped to conform to the M3 space. But San Jose is in the "banana belt", so you don't need to worry about that.;)

Last edited:
Reactions: UKNOWINVU2
I had the 3D Max Spider floormats on my Model S and they worked just fine. I went with Weathertech this time around and like them much better. A more premium feel and they fit better in my opinion. The 3D Max Spider mats feel stiff and plasticky, whereas the Weathertech have a premium rubber feel. The 3D Max Spider mats slid around as I was driving, but the Weathertech mats are very well anchored and don’t move at all.

Reactions: hcdavis3
I know molded, form fit rubber or plastic mats are all the rage, but IMO they do not last and look terrible after a year. Look at coco mats before you buy. In moderate climate, they are great year round. In bad winter climate I use them 3 seasons and cheap disposable mats in winter.

I have Weathertech floor and trunk and they're great. Precision fit, excellent quality, and the design catches any spills and holds it.

I didn't get one for the frunk, since that's essentially a big plastic bucket that doesn't need protecting.

My M3 LR AWD came with a nice set of mats, but they're currently sitting in the garage and will soon go on eBay.

I have maxpiders including for the trunk. They fit well and provide good protection. The only downside is that, because they're rigid, it's hard to remove the back seat liner without spilling any accumulated contents (dust, grit etc). You need to vacuum it first or move both front seats as far forward as possible so that you can just about remove whilst keeping it horizontal.

We bought the original Tesla mats (Model 3 All Weather Interior Mats) and have been very happy with them. They have since come out with another set with higher sides for sloppier conditions, but these are still available too. They look like they belong in that they fit well and say "Tesla," for what that's worth.
The Tesla ones are apparently produced by Weathertech for Tesla. The shipping labels on the boxes also seem to give the same impression. I've got mine sitting in their boxes still, waiting until I get my car on Tuesday.

Attachments

• BECC0274-BFDA-4754-91CE-F6815B83CB32.jpeg
    BECC0274-BFDA-4754-91CE-F6815B83CB32.jpeg
    446 KB · Views: 333
Reactions: polyphonic54