Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 just arrived, which floormats are better?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have maxpiders including for the trunk. They fit well and provide good protection. The only downside is that, because they're rigid, it's hard to remove the back seat liner without spilling any accumulated contents (dust, grit etc). You need to vacuum it first or move both front seats as far forward as possible so that you can just about remove whilst keeping it horizontal.

100% truth. Experience this “issue” every time I remove the mats. Also, if you have any pieces of gravel etc in the front mats or rear mats they end up rolling back and forth between the front and rear under acceleration, cornering and braking. There’s very little friction on these mats so a small stone or piece of asphalt will always go flying.

I just called Weathertech. They don't have 2020 floormats yet.
Tesla's website doesn't even allow you to choose the year of your car, so you can get the mats specific
for the year. WTH?

Pretty sure mats are the same for all years, at least so far. We have "2019" Tuxmats in our 2020's interior. Great protection for Oregon weather! For the cargo and frunk we used Tesla (Weathertech). BTW, we started with the 3DMaxpider inside, but found that edged things will dig in and damage the mats. The material is vulnerable to heel-wearing passengers! YMMV.

These are the ones I got, they work very well trapping all of the dirt and easy to remove and clean. They also cost a lot less then most of them out there. Good reviews on Amazon.

Road Comforts Tesla Model 3 Custom Fit Floor Mats - 2017 2018 2019 2020 - Protect Floor from Dirt, Mud, Snow, Slush & Water - Front and Second Row (4pcs) (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MGXB2G4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ZV1yEbZ1RYFRH

These are the ones I got, they work very well trapping all of the dirt and easy to remove and clean. They also cost a lot less then most of them out there. Good reviews on Amazon.

Road Comforts Tesla Model 3 Custom Fit Floor Mats - 2017 2018 2019 2020 - Protect Floor from Dirt, Mud, Snow, Slush & Water - Front and Second Row (4pcs) (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07MGXB2G4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_ZV1yEbZ1RYFRH

Those are fine for moderate climes. If you have any great rain or snow etc having the sidewalls of the e.g. Maxpiders makes a world of difference in keeping the carpets from being abused.

Pretty sure mats are the same for all years, at least so far. We have "2019" Tuxmats in our 2020's interior. Great protection for Oregon weather! For the cargo and frunk we used Tesla (Weathertech). BTW, we started with the 3DMaxpider inside, but found that edged things will dig in and damage the mats. The material is vulnerable to heel-wearing passengers! YMMV.

This is the first I have heard of a difference in floormat area between the model years. I don’t believe there is any difference.

please take a picture to prove otherwise.

The rails for the front seats moved forward about an inch, so the rear mat isn't as "perfect fit". See: 2020 model year 3D Maxpider

There's also the dead pedal removal; I'm not sure how big an issue that is.

Agreed, I normally spend high dollar on floor mats. I went with these and regret nothing. They don't cover the dead pedal - that's my only complaint. They look good and don't slide around at all.

Maxpiders. The year doesn’t matter. Cleaning the car is so easy with these as they cover nearly all of the floor.

Does matter though- 2020s have no dead pedal

This is the first I have heard of a difference in floormat area between the model years. I don’t believe there is any difference.

please take a picture to prove otherwise.

See above- several threads on this topic.

3D Maxpider for sure, they don't slip around at all (they are basically a perfect fit and have a bottom that prevents any movement) and can hold a ton of water. One of the Tesla Youtubers did a video where they poured water in them and they held an insane amount. In a climate with lots of snow they are the best option.

I went with Tesla’s all weather floor liners and the trunk liner as well to cover all of the carpet. $350 after tax for the set but I’m happy with them. I love the minimalist stock look and the fit is perfect. As others have said, they’re manufactured by WeatherTech so they’re great quality.

My only complaint is that the dead pedal part on the drivers side could extend up a bit more. It’s possible to rest your foot on exposed carpet. Not sure if that’s an issue with other mats but otherwise, you won’t be disappointed.

Model 3 All Weather Floor Liners

Model 3 All-Weather Cargo Mats

I really like the look of the 3DMaxpider / Taptes floor mats, but won't get them because...

1) It never rains in So Cal, so don't really need any all-weather mats.

2) More importantly, the material used on the 3DMaxpider mat is a dust magnet. I've seen lots of people with these mats, and a dusty shoe print really shows on the material and starts to look very messy & dirty looking. I wish there was a carpet version of the 3DMaxpider floor mats that won't show dusty shoe prints as easily.

I really like the look of the 3DMaxpider / Taptes floor mats, but won't get them because...

1) It never rains in So Cal, so don't really need any all-weather mats.

2) More importantly, the material used on the 3DMaxpider mat is a dust magnet. I've seen lots of people with these mats, and a dusty shoe print really shows on the material and starts to look very messy & dirty looking. I wish there was a carpet version of the 3DMaxpider floor mats that won't show dusty shoe prints as easily.

Vendor - New: Carpet Version Of 3d Maxpider Floor Mats

Carpet version as you wish

Reactions: SDM44