Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone leased from a company called WeVee? Very pushy salesman just desperate to get my cash as opposed to selling me the right M3P.

On a separate note: Got a number of difference quotes from various companies, ranging from lease to PCP and pricing varying from £584 (£6k dep, 12k mpa, 48 months) from Neva Direct to £823 from Forza Finance (same deal).

Tesla personal quote coming in at £687. Any thoughts on Neva direct?

Anyone leased from a company called WeVee? Very pushy salesman just desperate to get my cash as opposed to selling me the right M3P.

On a separate note: Got a number of difference quotes from various companies, ranging from lease to PCP and pricing varying from £584 (£6k dep, 12k mpa, 48 months) from Neva Direct to £823 from Forza Finance (same deal).

Tesla personal quote coming in at £687. Any thoughts on Neva direct?

In case it's helpful, just pinged you some prices from OctopusEV

Heeeeeelp. What the heck is going on with leasing deals? I’ve never leased before but I’m looking at getting an MP3 on personal lease to replace my Audi SQ5 which is on a PCP.

I got a bunch of leasing quotes on the Internet last Friday and in trying to follow them up, I’m being met with a whole bunch of “we can’t honour that deal now” or “our pricing system has made a mistake” blah blah blah.

Now, I know Boris’ statement earlier last week may have had some effect but, are leasing values THAT volatile? And can’t these hi-tech leasing companies ensure that their pricing calculations are accurate?

Feeling mightily hacked off that I didn’t bag a better deal when I started looking a couple of weeks ago. Any words of comfort welcomed.

Heeeeeelp. What the heck is going on with leasing deals? I’ve never leased before but I’m looking at getting an MP3 on personal lease to replace my Audi SQ5 which is on a PCP.

I got a bunch of leasing quotes on the Internet last Friday and in trying to follow them up, I’m being met with a whole bunch of “we can’t honour that deal now” or “our pricing system has made a mistake” blah blah blah.

Now, I know Boris’ statement earlier last week may have had some effect but, are leasing values THAT volatile? And can’t these hi-tech leasing companies ensure that their pricing calculations are accurate?

Feeling mightily hacked off that I didn’t bag a better deal when I started looking a couple of weeks ago. Any words of comfort welcomed.
No words of comfort in afraid just a lot of shady leasing companies. I had exactly the same even had written quotes with expiry dates on them and they refused to honour it. That and the other sites showing a price and then you ask for a written quote and the price is more expensive. When you ask why they say the website hasn’t been updated yet! It’s still the same today!
I think the main thing is lease companies hate dealing with Tesla as they have no idea when the cars coming like us.

Exactly the same happened to me. “Our pricing system made a mistake” seems to happen a lot. I feel a lot of these prices are there to get you to visit their websites, once you’re there they use any excuse to up the prices. The small print on their quotes says prices can change at anytime until contracts are signed. The company I am using is £50 more a month from when I signed my deal in October last year.

It can go the other way, had other lease companies tell me there's "no way" another company could do that deal, but they did and it went through. I must have looked at about 15 different companies in the end.

This was back in late 'Oct but it was 9/47, 8k miles, for £548pm, performance. Broker was Vehicle Contracts (who have been great so far), through Arval.

The funders seem to be changing the offers fairly frequently, best guess (Input from Octopus) is nervousness on residuals based on Tesla changing prices / car specs etc..

Reactions: Durzel
The funders seem to be changing the offers fairly frequently, best guess (Input from Octopus) is nervousness on residuals based on Tesla changing prices / car specs etc..

My fundamental grouch isn’t that lease prices fluctuate (although I’m amazed at how volatile they are) it’s that brokers, who set themselves up as the “retailers” of car leasing, simply can’t keep up to date with price changes. I’ve had so many websites AND follow-up phone calls quoting me really enticing pricing that subsequently end up with an apology that their systems don’t reflect the current market.
You’d think that with all the Financial Conduct Authority requirements including “Treating Customers Fairly” that this situation wouldn’t exist.

Or is it me?

Sigh.

My fundamental grouch isn’t that lease prices fluctuate (although I’m amazed at how volatile they are) it’s that brokers, who set themselves up as the “retailers” of car leasing, simply can’t keep up to date with price changes. I’ve had so many websites AND follow-up phone calls quoting me really enticing pricing that subsequently end up with an apology that their systems don’t reflect the current market.
You’d think that with all the Financial Conduct Authority requirements including “Treating Customers Fairly” that this situation wouldn’t exist.

Or is it me?

Sigh.
No not just you, I was in this position last month and with the prices rising almost daily and them being only a couple of quid below my budget I was getting really annoyed. As it was I went £7 over budget because although I had a quote within budget and with a 2 week validity date typed on the bottom the lease company failed to honour it! They wouldn’t even answer my question when I asked what’s the point of a valid date if you choose not to honour it. In the end my boss agreed to the £7 more a month so I got away with it, but it’s not the way to do business. Won’t be using them again and they have missed out on 2 Etron leases since then (don’t ask!).

This is what I was told on the phone, basically the underwriters getting skittish about their leveraged position holding contracts on so many of these cars.

Hard to blame them since Tesla have a proven track record of price swings.

The prices I got in the new year were a lot worse than the ones in Q3 2019, ~£200 a month more. Some of that is down to the price changes Tesla made, but the lenders are also revising their GFV based on holding so many contracts (so I was told)

Reactions: DaveW

Or is it me?

Sigh.

It certainly is a frustrating situation, but it's also been hard for them to keep up with Tesla making changes. Most of them last year had no notice of price drops, models doing the hokey-cokey etc.. very glad I got my car last year and actually benefited from a price drop!

I know that OctopusEV will at least do what they can (often eating into their own margin) to try and match a previous deal that they've quoted, they are all struggling from the uncertainty as Durzel pointed out/confirmed.

Anyone used https://www.leaseloco.com as a lease search? Saw it earlier and looks good enough as a guide. Whether any of the quotes actually convert to real orders is another thing i feel :/
They were ok and I like the price tracker if you saved a car to your garage you could see price changes weekly, daily or monthly. Also used cars2buy.co.uk and leasing.com all gave around the same prices within £10 but as been said before it’s another matter if the prices on any of them are correct or just fishing trips waiting for the bite.

Outside of going direct to Tesla, I don't seem to be able to find many places doing PCP deals - at least at the budget i'm after. Anyone have any other sites they can recommend? I don't want to go down the lease route as I'd like the option of purchasing the car after the initial term

Outside of going direct to Tesla, I don't seem to be able to find many places doing PCP deals - at least at the budget i'm after. Anyone have any other sites they can recommend? I don't want to go down the lease route as I'd like the option of purchasing the car after the initial term

I believe the only way you can buy a new Tesla is direct through their website. They aren’t like traditional dealerships where you can negotiate a discount to suit your budget.

EDIT: Just checked my options for what happens at the end of my lease and it states I can opt to buy the car from the finance company. The price would need to be discussed at the time.

Last edited:

Im pretty sure even lease companies allow you to purchase a vehicle at the end of its lease, I bought my previous X5 from Lex Autolease after having it as a company car, I just asked them and they made me an offer at a discounted rate.

I believe most of these cars just end up going off to auction.