Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all - realised I should have come here first instead of posting a thread...

What's the process for this with Tesla? Should I place the order MYSELF with Tesla (£100 deposit) then transfer to the leasing company I select?

Or is it a case of doing everything via a leasing company?

I'd be doing this privately so any particularly strong leasing company recommendations would be good also.

Hi - I’ve a RN for Model Y LR midnight silver 19”. Will likely put through on Tusker through salary sacrifice. I have M3 LR on Tesla PCP so presume I can just settle this after delivery of the MY.

Q: Tuskers appears much cheaper but I’ve see comments on the M3 leasing thread they are more expensive even with insurance etc. I’ve been quoted for 24 months, 12k miles

Tusker: 779/month
carwow: 967/month + 1 month upfront

Seems Tusker MUCH cheaper? Anyone else got quotes?

What's the process for this with Tesla? Should I place the order MYSELF with Tesla (£100 deposit) then transfer to the leasing company I select?

I'd be doing this privately so any particularly strong leasing company recommendations would be good also.
Pros and cons to both approaches...

Tesla suggested that I place the order myself when I went for a test drive. My response was "yeh right, I'll never get the £100 back and end up with two cars on order". I assumed this was just sales tactics. The problem is that the leasing company was useless at getting the order submitted. Suddenly I had missed out on the Sept delivery's and added two months onto the order and the car still hadn't been ordered with tesla. The leasing company would lie about the order being submitted but tesla would have no record of it. It's important you get the tesla RN (reservation number) otherwise you haven't joined the queue. Anyway, as the days were slipping and Tesla had said there was an outside chance I could still get a Sept car if someone else cancelled, I decided to pay the £100. At this point the leasing company had also agreed that I could do that and they would take over the order.

When the leasing company did place the order they actually submitted it as a new one (different RN) and actually got the order wrong (SR+ instead of LR). Tesla told me I couldn't have the £100 back because it was a new order rather than taken over! After a bit more chasing around the lease company agreed that they had messed this up, cancelled their order and took over mine. From then on everything was ok and I got the £100 refund within days.

So yes, I'd say it is good to place the order yourself in order to get in that queue but you face a risk that you end up with two cars on order. Whatever you do, I'd get that RN to prove that tesla have the order. Others with leasing companies seem to have waited months to find the order never reached Tesla. For me, I got a text from tesla with my RN when I placed the order direct. I also got a text from tesla when the lease company submitted their order - stating that they had received the order from my leasing company along with the new RN. So you should get an RN text either way. I didn't get a text when my order was taken over but you do see your car disappear from your tesla account. That could have been because of either a cancellation or because the order was taken over. Given my lack of trust at this point, I made sure to get confirmation from both tesla and the leasing company that the order had been taken over ok. I'd repeatedly been told by the leasing company that it was sorted only to find tesla disagreed. I'd say tesla is the more reliable source of information here.

Anyway, I missed Sept in the end so did I achieve anything after all that? I did get the first boat / early delivery for Nov though so maybe saved a few weeks. Had I not chased, it could have been Q1 next year. Delivery due tomorrow :) It's tesmass-eve here

100% place the order yourself and let the leasing company take over the RN. That way you get on Tesla’s books with your order more quickly (and accurately) and then when the car is delivered and paid for, Tesla refund the £100.

Bit late to the party here but following the other comments 100% place the order yourself. The £100 seems like a small fee to ensure your order is placed exactly how you want it, then pass the RN number to your leasing company.

Once they have taken over the order you’ll see the car disappear from the app so don’t worry about that.

I’ve ordered an M3 LR blue/black through Knowles Fleet on a salary sacrifice and got an RN within a couple of days of Knowles confirming it was going ahead. Anyone have experience of using Knowles? Does this mean delivery before Christmas or does the RN just put me in a queue?

Can’t wait for my first drive of a Tesla!!

I’ve ordered an M3 LR blue/black through Knowles Fleet on a salary sacrifice and got an RN within a couple of days of Knowles confirming it was going ahead. Anyone have experience of using Knowles? Does this mean delivery before Christmas or does the RN just put me in a queue?

Please ignore my question about delivery, it’s already been answered in another thread - apologies for the cross post!

What date did you put the order in and when did you receive your RN number?

What date did you put the order in and when did you receive your RN number?
I put the order in on the Knowles site on the 4th October (I thought it was the 16th but I’ve just checked) but due to a clerical cock up by the Hospital I work for the salary confirmation didn’t go through until the 20th - Knowles placed the order on the 2nd Nov and I received my RN on the 4th Nov, which seemed quite quick to me. Other people in the office said they waited weeks or months for their RN.

Hi - I’ve a RN for Model Y LR midnight silver 19”. Will likely put through on Tusker through salary sacrifice. I have M3 LR on Tesla PCP so presume I can just settle this after delivery of the MY.

Q: Tuskers appears much cheaper but I’ve see comments on the M3 leasing thread they are more expensive even with insurance etc. I’ve been quoted for 24 months, 12k miles

Tusker: 779/month
carwow: 967/month + 1 month upfront

Seems Tusker MUCH cheaper? Anyone else got quotes?
I can’t be the only person on here looking at Model Y (this is why I didn’t want the post merged into the M3 thread 😉)

I had my delivery SMS yesterday.

Ive replied with my address for delivery confirmation, but not had anything back from them to confirm?
Is this normal? or should I have a confirmation reply after sending my address?
Ive seen people mention that sometimes they don't get the replies from people?

Ive replied with my address for delivery confirmation, but not had anything back from them to confirm?
I've had different people tell me different things, the main issue for me is I'm with sky mobile, who Tesla appears to have issues with. I spoke to someone last week and they sent an email to the delivery team (i believe), i then received a follow up text giving me the link to the introduction videos. I wouldn't worry too much, according to info I've had, they'll contact me closer to my delivery date (27th Nov) to confirm everything

Reactions: adamck

Mine was about a 4 day wait for a confirmation text. Think the chap on the phone said it was due to delays in booking logistics etc. Try calling them but they should have the address if you’ve responded

Mine was about a 4 day wait for a confirmation text. Think the chap on the phone said it was due to delays in booking logistics etc. Try calling them but they should have the address if you’ve responded
+1 I got the original text late one week, replied with my address, got nothing back. I called the delivery number someone shared in this thread the following day, Tesla confirmed they received my address. I then got the text from them a few days later.

So I emailed Knowles Fleet with my RN number (as they request in their initial “you’ve ordered your car” bumph) and they’ve replied that I need to telephone Tesla to get a delivery date. Does this sound right?
Knowles have been really good for me. They're just a middle man and will lease from another company (for me they used Lookers) and tbh it's been great 16th October Order end of October got a delivery date (alot of that is due to timing of Tesla orders but still pretty decent) speak to Nigel at Knowles supposedly he's the EV expert. Tesla were the ones who text me with the RN number though (once the order is progressing knowles don't hear much unless you tell them) and Tesla sent the delivery details about a week later.. i think you could be waiting some time for delivery date i just kept chasing for a VIN number and then shortly after that got a date.. try establishing from Tesla if you have a VIN yet

Reactions: Advocate