Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my delivery SMS yesterday.

Ive replied with my address for delivery confirmation, but not had anything back from them to confirm?
Is this normal? or should I have a confirmation reply after sending my address?
Ive seen people mention that sometimes they don't get the replies from people?
Same here… I’ve had 3 delivery texts, all of which I’ve replied to with my address… with no response. Then the 4th said they had been trying to contact me and to call customer services.

Phoned CS yesterday and they assured me my delivery was booked in.. so not sure the text system is entirely flawless.

Salary sacrifice lease car, RN sept 21st, delivery text nov 5th, 8th, 9th (x2), delivery booked nov 26th.

I’m going to try and stop being so impatient. Knowles only placed my order on the 2nd Nov and despite me getting an RN 2 days later I haven’t been waiting anywhere near the length of time you guys have, so I’m guessing my delivery will be February or March and tbh if it’s going to be Feb I’d rather wait until March to get a 22 plate.

Congrats on getting your delivery dates on a totally awesome car though guys 😊😊😊

So when you lease you still get a delivery text? I had the lease company say estimated delivery is the 12th Dec. Is this a case of Tesla telling them for example it's between 9th - 12th and that's what they telling me?

Or has Tesla gave the lease company the delivery options and they picked the 12th?

I did ask the lease company if I could collect myself and was told I need to talk to there delivery team when they have a date?! I'm confused

So when you lease you still get a delivery text? I had the lease company say estimated delivery is the 12th Dec. Is this a case of Tesla telling them for example it's between 9th - 12th and that's what they telling me?

Or has Tesla gave the lease company the delivery options and they picked the 12th?

I did ask the lease company if I could collect myself and was told I need to talk to there delivery team when they have a date?! I'm confused
For me, as soon as I put the order in, my details were given to Tesla and I was sent my RN number and an invitation to sign up for an account (the car/order won’t show on your account until you take delivery), any updates have since been sent to me rather than lex, I think I know more about my car than the lease company (it’s a company car). My lease provider gave a general 30th November but told me Tesla would inform me closer to the date.

I think it depends on the lease company. I know Knowles are happy for Tesla to contact the customer direct and just ask that we let them know where we are with delivery so that they can start the insurance on the right day. My colleagues who have Teslas were all contacted by Tesla directly.
Other lease companies prefer for you to only deal with them and for Tesla not to contact the customer directly.
I have seen some posts suggesting that you can ring the lease company and ask them to authorize Tesla to contact you directly but YMMV.

Need some advice please, people!

Went for a lease company because, at the time, I could get December delivery. They faffed around making me jump through various hoops and eventually they placed my order - still telling me December delivery even when I questioned it (Tesla had changed to February when looking at availability).

Got my RN from Tesla and heard nothing else for a few days. Spoke to Tesla today and they’re still waiting for paperwork from finance company and they couldn’t figure out how December would be possible still.

Do lease companies place bulk orders before they get orders from customers, do they know something Tesla don’t or (option three!) are they just having me on? 😕

Went for a lease company because, at the time, I could get December delivery. They faffed around making me jump through various hoops and eventually they placed my order - still telling me December delivery even when I questioned it (Tesla had changed to February when looking at availability).

Got my RN from Tesla and heard nothing else for a few days. Spoke to Tesla today and they’re still waiting for paperwork from finance company and they couldn’t figure out how December would be possible still.

Do lease companies place bulk orders before they get orders from customers, do they know something Tesla don’t or (option three!) are they just having me on? 😕
Sounds to me like you need to be contacting your lease company and finding out what they're doing, if thats what Tesla have told you, relay it back to them

I was told by the guys at Tesla Trafford Centre to place my order myself to obtain an RN then let the leasing company take over which they did.
Obviously if I hadn't gone for a test drive I wouldn't have know this prior. Leasing companies will just place an order as and when they happen and wouldn't order in bulk without confirmed orders for cars.

Get on the phone mate! :)

I was told by the guys at Tesla Trafford Centre to place my order myself to obtain an RN then let the leasing company take over which they did.
Obviously if I hadn't gone for a test drive I wouldn't have know this prior. Leasing companies will just place an order as and when they happen and wouldn't order in bulk without confirmed orders for cars.

Yeah it seems they're making a bit of a mug of me (or the lease company don't understand how the lease funder works)...

I'm looking to do this, how do you obtain quotes from lease companies on what the monthlies will be please if going this route rather than just ordering from a standard lease site?

I'm looking to do this, how do you obtain quotes from lease companies on what the monthlies will be please if going this route rather than just ordering from a standard lease site?
In addition, I can get the following:

Model 3 Long Range
Blue
In stock for delivery next month (they had an allocation of a 100 M3's)
35 months
6 months initial
£544pm

Is going the other route likely to be cheaper?

Is going the other route likely to be cheaper?
No. Ordering directly and handing over to a lease company is purely to ensure the vehicle gets ordered when you want it to.

Although lease companies don't get discounts from Tesla for bulk orders, if they have pre-ordered vehicles for Dec and haven't matched then their price may well be discounted to attract someone.

Has anyone had experience of ordering stock vehicles via a leasing company? I'm looking at personal leasing options on M3LR and have spoken to several different leasing companies that have said they have stock due in next week / early December.
Given the general supply problems and long lead times, I was a bit sceptical but I've got the same / similar story from several different companies now. Am I right to be concerned? Are they having me on, or is this a genuine route to owning a M3 within a few short weeks?

Has anyone had experience of ordering stock vehicles via a leasing company? I'm looking at personal leasing options on M3LR and have spoken to several different leasing companies that have said they have stock due in next week / early December.
Given the general supply problems and long lead times, I was a bit sceptical but I've got the same / similar story from several different companies now. Am I right to be concerned? Are they having me on, or is this a genuine route to owning a M3 within a few short weeks?
I’m in the same position. Communication between lease company, financer and Tesla seem non existent so it’s a case of riding this one out. I’ll update if this story has a happy ending…

I’m in the same position and have just placed an order. From what I’ve been told, a select few lease companies bid for around 250 M3LR’s. They must be delivered before Xmas eve. They have a range of colours. I can give you the details of the broker that is arranging mine if you like?

My deal is £495 over 4 years (as you get a 4 year warranty) and 10k with 6 months initial.

I’m in the same position and have just placed an order. From what I’ve been told, a select few lease companies bid for around 250 M3LR’s. They must be delivered before Xmas eve. They have a range of colours. I can give you the details of the broker that is arranging mine if you like?

My deal is £495 over 4 years (as you get a 4 year warranty) and 10k with 6 months initial.
I'd love to see this deal if you're willing to share. Looking at some stock deals currently but not been able to get one quite that low, although vanarama are offering a free home charger