Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Leasing UK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well this has all turned into a bit of a mess.
Signed my contract with ALD a couple of weeks back and received the invoice from them just before Christmas. Spoke to them yesterday to find out where my car is and they thought I had already received it and the contract had been live since 14/12! Spoke to Tesla who confirmed that the car ALD had specified on my agreement had already been delivered to someone else. Apparently my RN is still live and awaiting a car to be assigned (they said Febriary now)
So disappointed, I had a reg number which I thought was mine but someone else out there has got my car. Now I'm back to waiting again... ☹️

I have just had something similar over Christmas. I had an order confirmed with RN number and finance application approved. At some point since, the RN has disappeared from my account and the details of my order are no longer showing. I am leasing through ALD (UK), so wonder if this is to do with them taking the account over, which I understand they do at some point as they will own the car rather than me. Does this sound right? Obviously, there is not really anyone around at Tesla to answer the question for me.

Well this has all turned into a bit of a mess.
Signed my contract with ALD a couple of weeks back and received the invoice from them just before Christmas. Spoke to them yesterday to find out where my car is and they thought I had already received it and the contract had been live since 14/12! Spoke to Tesla who confirmed that the car ALD had specified on my agreement had already been delivered to someone else. Apparently my RN is still live and awaiting a car to be assigned (they said Febriary now)
So disappointed, I had a reg number which I thought was mine but someone else out there has got my car. Now I'm back to waiting again... ☹️
...and as if by magic, I get a text telling me that my car is ready for collection tomorrow from Thorpe Park. Feels like they needed to get this done before the end of the year?

How very random…. Some cock up along the way? Have they confirmed it’s the car in the right colour / options that you ordered. Great news and unexpected. The issue you face is not having a good amount of time to get a decent Insurance quote.
Yes I'll never know what really happened but at least it's sorted. At the moment I can only assume that the car is as I ordered, I guess I'll find out tomorrow. I had done some insurance quotes before so I went straight for Peugeot which had been the cheapest previously. Had a frantic couple of hours sorting things out (not helped by Tesla texting me the wrong reg to start with) but I think I'm all set for tomorrow now

Yes I'll never know what really happened but at least it's sorted. At the moment I can only assume that the car is as I ordered, I guess I'll find out tomorrow. I had done some insurance quotes before so I went straight for Peugeot which had been the cheapest previously. Had a frantic couple of hours sorting things out (not helped by Tesla texting me the wrong reg to start with) but I think I'm all set for tomorrow now
Can’t make it up really - good news and you will love the M3 more so as delivery was unexpected. A last minute registration for 2021 - expecting the M3 being in the top 5 most sold cars in December?!

Reactions: Squibbly
When you guys ordered and all was confirmed, did your order disappear from the app ot is it just me?
This has just happened to me. I am assuming that it is because the lease company (ALD) have taken over my order. My account now just holds my personal details with no order number or details of car. I'm hoping I will hear something from ALD soon to let me know what to expect from here as I have had no paperwork at all.

This has just happened to me. I am assuming that it is because the lease company (ALD) have taken over my order. My account now just holds my personal details with no order number or details of car. I'm hoping I will hear something from ALD soon to let me know what to expect from here as I have had no paperwork at all.
My experience was that you will receive an agreement from Tesla, which is for the ALD lease. This should have a reg number on it although you will have to wait for the text from Tesla when they assign a car to it.
The car disappears from the app and only appears back in there when you pick the car up. In my case it was on the app by the time I arrived at the pickup point.

Reactions: jmhumphreys
My experience was that you will receive an agreement from Tesla, which is for the ALD lease. This should have a reg number on it although you will have to wait for the text from Tesla when they assign a car to it.
The car disappears from the app and only appears back in there when you pick the car up. In my case it was on the app by the time I arrived at the pickup point.
Thanks @Squibbly that's really helpful. Let's see how long I have to wait for the reg number. Any ideas how far in advance of delivery this would be?

Thanks @Squibbly that's really helpful. Let's see how long I have to wait for the reg number. Any ideas how far in advance of delivery this would be?
Should only be a week or two. In my case the car ended up with someone else so they had to rush another one through. I literally received the agreement on the way to get the car and had to pull over to sign it!

Tried to find this so apologies if already discussed: I ordered MY in November in the UK, logged to my email address. When I downloaded the Tesla Ap from the Applestore it showed my order - all good. My lease company has subsequently taken over the RN number - and my order is now longer showing in the ap - I presume because they have different contact details. Is there any way I can link my order back on using, say, my RN number? Tesla have told me they'll be sending out an update re delivery in the next few days and would like some direct way of knowing, not just through the lease company? Any help would be appreciated!

Tried to find this so apologies if already discussed: I ordered MY in November in the UK, logged to my email address. When I downloaded the Tesla Ap from the Applestore it showed my order - all good. My lease company has subsequently taken over the RN number - and my order is now longer showing in the ap - I presume because they have different contact details. Is there any way I can link my order back on using, say, my RN number? Tesla have told me they'll be sending out an update re delivery in the next few days and would like some direct way of knowing, not just through the lease company? Any help would be appreciated!

You won't get your order back, you will just have to wait for Tesla to contact you as painful as it is. If they have said the next few days that sounds encouraging! The app is basically useless until you get the car.

You won't get your order back, you will just have to wait for Tesla to contact you as painful as it is. If they have said the next few days that sounds encouraging! The app is basically useless until you get the car.
Once the lease company takes over your order it becomes their order not yours. They will own the vehicle and allow you to use it for a monthly fee.
Tesla will only give order details to the purchaser and not a third party.

Once the lease company takes over your order it becomes their order not yours. They will own the vehicle and allow you to use it for a monthly fee.
Tesla will only give order details to the purchaser and not a third party.
But they normally send communication about matching order and delivery schedule to the person the lease company has put down as the driver.

When i had a lease through Leaseplan, they asked me to inform them when delivery would be taking place as Tesla communicated with me not Leaseplan. None of this is through the app though - text message or email.

Does anyone know if when Tesla does its EAP/FSD trials whether lease vehicles get it too? Or can you ask the lease company to tell Tesla to allow it? I'm interested to see what it's like in the UK. I assume you can purchase it after delivery by speaking to the lease company?

Should only be a week or two. In my case the car ended up with someone else so they had to rush another one through. I literally received the agreement on the way to get the car and had to pull over to sign it!
I still have nothing to sign from Tesla or ALD. I have ordered through Business Contract Hire and I am trying to arrange insurance, but I do not know whether there are any stipulations in the contract hire agreement about how the insurance must be taken out, i.e. does my employer (the registered keeper) have to be the policy holder with me as a named driver? Do you (or anyone else) have any idea what the BCH agreement with ALD looks like?