Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - Left Windshield Wiper Fails to Clean Window

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also have a lot of problems with my windshield and streaking / smearing and I haven't figured it out yet. I swapped the wipers and it isn't better. I think it might be the fluid that came with the car but we'll see. I'm about to swap it out.

Very hard to get any significant amount of fluid to come out. Especially all the way to the left. It seems to run out before it gets there. Also very little coverage towards the bottom. Even worse while the car is moving. Yes I understand the physics involved and no I've never had a similar problem in any car before.

bad design. I've been to the service center about this 2x and there's nothing they can do. while driving it's impossible to get the bottle left quadrant clean however if you're at a stop sign or driving very slow you can get pretty close. extremely annoying and something tesla needs to address

• Informative
Reactions: RedModel3
YES! Couldn’t agree more, and glad I’m not alone. Thought it was just my car that had this issue, but when we got a second one, it also leaves about a 1inch or 2 streak on the left side. But somehow only in the winter. Just pump out half your wiper fluid reservoir and it should get wet enough to be cleaned.

Wait, are both wipers supposed to have fluid sprayers? Mine only seems to spray from the passenger wiper, but since the fluid seems to reach most of the windshield, I figured that was just the design. Guess I’ll have the SC take a look, since I’m going in soon anyway.