Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Lineup Revised....again (4/11/19).

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had my SR+. less than 2 weeks. Looks like I lucked out. Not only did I beat the mid-March $500 price increase, but I wasn't stuck paying for Autopilot (Although, it is a WONDERFUL feature set, for I'm enjoying the trial).

While I'm in the minority who is content with "dumb" cruise control, I'm happy I wasn't required forced to pay $2500 for something I don't "need".

Reactions: duanra and neroden
I just took delivery of my MR car on 3/29 and paid $3k for AP. Think there’s any chance of getting a refund for the $1k price drop? I have no idea how to even go about requesting other than submitting an online inquiry. Thoughts?

According to this article you can order a Standard Range for $35K without Autopilot. So you are getting all of the materials of the SR+, including the Partial Premium Interior, for $35K. That’s a great deal for anyone who ordered an SR and was going to end up with the cloth seats and other downgrades compared to the SR+. I bet that model will only be available for a month or two before they discontinue it.

Tesla’s $35,000 Model 3 is no longer available to order online

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
The media is going to slam Tesla for this...
So yeah this is what I am talking about. Its going to be all over the internet about how much harder it is not to get the $35K Model 3 that was promised at the beginning of this ride. I for one don't care either way, but there will be negative press about it from those who are consistently trying to knock Tesla. They look for every little thing to do it. Some of you disagreed with my original post but its starting already.

Tesla’s $35,000 Model 3 is no longer available to order online
Tesla kills base $35,000 Model 3, increases prices, makes Autopilot standard
Tesla told some $35,000 Model 3 customers they were days away from getting their cars. Now, those customers don't know when their orders will arrive.
https://www.thedrive.com/tech/27400/tesla-shakes-up-model-3-lineup-killing-35000-base-price

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
I'm really bummed about missing out on the textile seats in the SR. That was a big one for me. But since a few other partial-premium items are making it into the SR, I suppose it somewhat makes up for it.

Since the range will be software limited by 10%, I guess that means there's less danger of wearing out the battery prematurely by overcharging it.

All in all, some silver lining. (Plus, actually getting the car sooner rather than later...that's a big silver lining as well.)

Just bought an SR+ 2 weeks ago. So does the wording below about the SR mean that SR+ now comes with onboard music streaming and live traffic?

Its range will be limited by 10%, and several features will be disabled via software (including our onboard music streaming service, navigation with live traffic visualization, and heated seats).

I'm on the last day of my M3 LR RWD 7 day trial period after accepting the car with no test drive. It looks like with the new pricing scheme, both FSD (technically, Autopilot) and blue paint dropped in price by $1000 and $500, respectively.

What is Tesla's policy on refunding the difference? Since it's not on the web site, I don't even know what the price is for a LR RWD anymore, but the AWD model is now just a $3000 difference. Alternatively, the premium I paid over the SR+ is now $7000?! That seems high.

Since everyone loves tables... for blue/aero/FSD, prior to destination/tax/tag:

Code:
           SR+ (4/12): $45,500
LR RWD (ordered 3/17): $52,500
        LR AWD (4/12): $55,500

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: hcdavis3
Its going to be all over the internet about how much harder it is not to get the $35K Model 3 that was promised at the beginning of this ride. I for one don't care either way, but there will be negative press about it from those who are consistently trying to knock Tesla. They look for every little thing to do it.

Well, I mean they've earned this negative press, haven't they?

It wasn't the press who declared there would be a $35K Model 3. I seem to recall Tesla announcing with tons of fanfare that the Model 3 was going to be the $35K Tesla for the masses. They backed themselves into a corner before they ever determined whether they could profitably build a $35K version of the car.

So now they are offering a software-limited version of the SR+, which itself is a barely decontented MR. Making the SR so hard to buy means Tesla is praying to God you don't order one, because they're going to lose their shirt selling it to you.

Just as I said many moons ago, they'll build just enough of the $35K version to say that it actually exists and avoid a class action lawsuit, and then it will be gone.

I don't know how you look at this and try to spin it positively. The press is spot on here.

Reactions: moltenfire
Status
Not open for further replies.