Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've had so many 2 week windows...

Do they even make a difference?

I'm perplexed. I live in one of the largest cities in Canada, directly connected to the I5, ordered a very generic spec car months ago.
yeah.. it doesn't make much sense. Since I don't have a VIN or the EDD close.. I am not holding my breath. It could change tomorrow for no reason. I just hope it doesn't come during my vacation. The ordering process might have worked well before this supply crunch, but not so much now..
One thing I learned(I think) is that I should have answered the financing question sooner than later.. finishing that section seemed to have made a difference. I left it open(trade in, tesla financing) for a while..

yeah.. it doesn't make much sense. Since I don't have a VIN or the EDD close.. I am not holding my breath. It could change tomorrow for no reason. I just hope it doesn't come during my vacation. The ordering process might have worked well before this supply crunch, but not so much now..
One thing I learned(I think) is that I should have answered the financing question sooner than later.. finishing that section seemed to have made a difference. I left it open(trade in, tesla financing) for a while..
Yes, your profile is not complete if you do not complete financing + trade in, so basically you are not in the queue and you will keep getting pushed until you do so.

I've have had everything in order, approved and finalized with Tesla finance. It's frustrating to see January orders be getting cars when I've basically waited 4 months.

Aye, Tesla could definitely makes things a bit more clear for folks. Especially since they (apparently) don't put you into queue until all those ordering tasks are complete... they should make that completely unambiguous, maybe by posting something in big, green font after you've ticked all their required boxes: CONGRATULATIONS! YOU HAVE COMPLETED ALL PRE-ORDER TASKS AND WE WILL CONTACT YOU WHEN WE HAVE BUILT YOUR CAR!

So many people have stood in line for weeks and weeks... only to find out later that they never really were in line after all.

Kyle, I hope you get your VIN soon!

Hoping my order is part of that shipment but I probably shouldn’t hold my breath since I don’t have my VIN yet. My EDD has been TBD since 1/31 and my SA said they don’t have any additional information.
Hi bri4n,
since we are in the same neighborhood, when did you put in your order? I ordered mine on 11/12 and just got my VIN on 2/15 and it had been TBD since December.

Are you getting yours delivered?

I would just place another order if I were you at this point. If you are willing to give $3k seriously, $250 is chump change.

Everything is already approved through Tesla finance, and I don't feel like going through the hassle of doing it all again.

The only reason I'd be okay with paying the difference is because of the massive inconvenience of not having a car that I ended up selling privately because Tesla tried to assblast me with a lowball trade in.

Hi bri4n,
since we are in the same neighborhood, when did you put in your order? I ordered mine on 11/12 and just got my VIN on 2/15 and it had been TBD since December.

Are you getting yours delivered?
My OD is 1/24. With your OD being so much earlier I'm even less optimistic I'll be on that same shipment on the 28th lol. The day after I placed my order my EDD changed to 2/14 - 3/14 but then changed to TBD on 1/31. Yes, I'm having mine delivered.

2 month delay in my EDD:
OD 12/25, M3LR, MSM, Black, 19", No FSD, Orlando
Initial EDD: Feb 8 - Mar 8
Updated EDD (1/18): Mar 3 - Mar 31
Updated EDD yesterday: Apr 27 - May 27

I posted this on reddit yesterday as well and a user mentioned that it could've been because I never filled out the trade in info or hit decline. I declined it and called my pickup location to ask what's up. They said that on their end they still see me receiving a VIN in the first 2 weeks of March.
hey Orlando person (saw your thread there too)! I am glad to see the SA said it still looks like a march Delivery! Fingers crossed for both of us!

Update: Taking delivery on the 23rd Feb
Just a note: SA's are totally clueless and don't share any information about the build specifications

This has been a test of patience buying a Tesla, not sure if this is sustainable....hope we have more competition in EV's soon!
Tesla needs huge improvement within the logistics and production department.

There is no reason that they should be pinging orders around that have been waiting for 4, 5, 6 months and assigning VINs to orders placed a month ago.