Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would say that’s a big NO. So many people are going to be pissed so I’m not worried
I tried searching for Teslas Terms of Service on their website but couldn’t find it. I did see this in my sales agreement, so I think we are SOL
F5EBC08B-F0AC-4A6D-BA3A-1657D6766DC0.jpeg

I tried searching for Teslas Terms of Service on their website but couldn’t find it. I did see this in my sales agreement, so I think we are SOLView attachment 794448
You didn't read that very well. It says "options, features or hardware...AFTER you place your order may not be included..." That means if they do an upgrade or something like that, you wouldn't get it. Again, quite clearly it says AFTER. So once you place your order, all "options, features or hardware..." that was valid at the time is what they are responsible for.

Reactions: davidmaciv
Going to play devils advocate, but hasn't Tesla done something similar before? When you get your VIN they make you sign an agreement saying you are ok with the reduction in features, and if you are not, they will refund your deposit? I thought that happened with a stripped feature in the past?

You didn't read that very well. It says "options, features or hardware...AFTER you place your order may not be included..." That means if they do an upgrade or something like that, you wouldn't get it. Again, quite clearly it says AFTER. So once you place your order, all "options, features or hardware..." that was valid at the time is what they are responsible for.
It says “released or changed after”.

Reactions: T-J-
just wondering how much was the 14-50 outlet to be installed? Also need 220 volts? and 50 amp?
$50 for the 14-50 Tesla adapter, $20 for the outlet, $25 for 4ft of 6/3 wire, $20 for a 50amp breaker. For me, I have to buy 2 piggyback breakers so I could combine other outlets in the house to make room for the double 50amp breaker so that was an extra $60. So $175ish and my friend and I did the install so that saved a bunch of money.

Reactions: ghitz
No, the way I read it is that clause allows them the freedom to change (aka add or remove) any features or options from the time of your order to the time your car is built at their sole discretion.

If they feel it’s a big enough change they might give you the option to agree or cancel and get refunded. Such as the LFP batteries on SR+, removal of radar, etc. But I think plenty of small features have been removed before on in progress orders and you basically have to take it or leave it. Eg: Chrome trim (some people prefer it so black could have been seen as a downgrade), standard Homelink, standard 14-50 adapter, auto dimming mirrors (which were later added back), lumbar support, etc.

They have also added features in the past without increasing the price of existing in progress orders. Eg: heat pump, matrix LED lights, power trunk, refreshed interior, etc.

Hopefully if enough people make a big stink about it they will reverse course about the included UMC, but legally we don’t have a leg to stand on because of that clause.

Last edited:
I paid $340 for the install. Yes, it's 220v and I hat a 50amp breaker put on.
I'll probably grab this charger. I get a $250 credit from my electric company if I buy it.
I'm waiting on my M3LR, but had the charger installed last year to take advantage of the 30% federal tax credit. I bought a "dumb" charger since all of the scheduling can be handled with the vehicle.

Grizzl-e Charger