Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone plan to add the acceleration boost? I think it's cool you can buy it, try it for 48 hrs and return it isn't what you were hoping for. I will likely buy (and keep) it. Best of both worlds. Long Range model with more "pep". You can put in chill mode if you really need to stretch the range on a trip.
Picking up my LR today, and will add AB most likely by the weekend. Will report back and let y'all know if it's worth 2k!

Picking up my LR today, and will add AB most likely by the weekend. Will report back and let y'all know if it's worth 2k!
Dude so excited for you! Please do. I’m going to do the AB or Boost50 for sure.

We’ll TJ I finally got my first update. Today should have started my window, but instead handed me a 3 week push. I don’t like this club at all. :(

Dude so excited for you! Please do. I’m going to do the AB or Boost50 for sure.

We’ll TJ I finally got my first update. Today should have started my window, but instead handed me a 3 week push. I don’t like this club at all. :(
Surely! I considered the Boost50 since it's half the price, but I don't want to deal with warranty issues with a piggyback device, and the hassle of taking it off for service, etc... I figured the extra 1k in price is worth the peace of mind haha.

Reactions: Not That M3
Exactly. If it causes someone too much stress by looking at the EDD dates, stop refreshing constantly. A lot of this anxiety is self inflicted.

For some reason, people think it's only Tesla. Go shop at other car dealerships like I did. I contacted over 30 different dealerships. They are all having sales issues. I have a few friends who are Internet Sales Managers or GMs at other dealerships. They echo the same problem. stop worrying about things out of your control. Read The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F***. It's okay to vent but at some point, it shouldn't stress you out more than it needs to.

Did the other dealers you contacted have cars for sale with an estimated delivery date of 30 - 60 days after you order? For a company that is known for their technology, FSD, and AI / neural network, their EDD system is terribly bad. But I think its by design. Instead of telling you that your car will be delivered in a year like its taking other manufactures to deliver, Tesla leads you on with EDD date changes in 30-60 day increments to keep you from cancelling.

Reactions: JB from the AZ
Surely! I considered the Boost50 since it's half the price, but I don't want to deal with warranty issues with a piggyback device, and the hassle of taking it off for service, etc... I figured the extra 1k in price is worth the peace of mind haha.
Price isn’t really a factor for me but I like the other features that it provides. I go back and forth. Either way a 3.7 car is in rare company and I have a need for speed. If I didn’t I’d be buying a BMW I4 today. Those are in stock too. Just not the Performance. Uggh. I literally can’t buy a car right now. Uggh.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN THE DAY HAS COME!!!!

119 days ago I ordered a Tesla M3LR, Deep Metallic Blue, All Black, Aero, no FSD and TODAY I have finally been assigned a VIN#!

My sanity would not be in tact if it weren’t for this thread of wonderful people! I will keep you all updated!

Cheers!
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN THE DAY HAS COME!!!!

119 days ago I ordered a Tesla M3LR, Deep Metallic Blue, All Black, Aero, no FSD and TODAY I have finally been assigned a VIN#!

My sanity would not be in tact if it weren’t for this thread of wonderful people! I will keep you all updated!

Cheers!