Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all - I have bad news for y'all.

Stop applying for DCU. It is not a rate lock for 45 days. This was confirmed by the representative, I asked a few times.

I was approved for 2.74%.
2.49 since it is an EV.
1.99 if I setup Direct Deposit + EV (I will).

However, the rates are not locked. They are variable depending on the market. They only get locked when you upload the purchase agreement with the VIN and the paperwork is done. It is more like a pre-approval.

Ugh.
We’ll that’s annoying if true. I called their loan dept about 20 min ago to confirm if I applied for the loan today would it lock in the current rate, and he said it would for 45 days. So much conflicting info with everything in this whole thread lol

Reactions: NewEnglandCld
Congratulations and welcome to the Vancouver club! Are you doing home delivery or picking up in Richmond or Langley?
Thanks! When I entered my address I never got the option for home delivery, it said I can pick up either in Vancouver or Richmond, so I chose Vancouver. I noticed the Vancouver pick up address is different than the Tesla showroom's address where I placed the order though.

Reactions: doodlebob424
We’ll that’s annoying if true. I called their loan dept about 20 min ago to confirm if I applied for the loan today would it lock in the current rate, and he said it would for 45 days. So much conflicting info with everything in this whole thread lol

Without your VIN\PO? Maybe he interpreted that you had your VIN and purchase agreement uploaded.

Reactions: SkunkApe
Do they still use U.S. Bank? If they do and the rate is exactly the same, U.S. Bank currently shows "Rates from 3.54% to 5.74% APR"
-not great.

Would be interested in more information. I won't apply for another loan ahead of time unless I can get confirmation it's a rate lock before I provide my VIN.
I reapplied for Tesla financing last week and got 2.99 from US Bank. I had 2.49 from Wells Fargo in March but that expired…

I got that same update this morning and my EDD’s are identical to yours except my OD was a few days earlier than yours.

White Ext / Black Interior / 18 Aero / No FSD

Order Date:
2/28
Initial EDD: May 13-June 10
4/20: June 7-July 12
5/3: May 22-June 19

Have the same Config as your but OD 2/16 and picking up from Fremont. Current EDD is May 6 -May 20.

Ah, I wish I saw this news about 20 minutes ago... If you (we) already applied for DCU it might be worth asking SA to switch to loan/tesla financing and see what rate is locked in there. I believe it's 30 days for Tesla with a rate lock.

"*Price indicated does not include taxes and registration fees unless stated otherwise. You will be responsible for these additional taxes and fees. The payment calculations are provided for informational purposes only and may reflect assumptions that may not apply to you or loan terms for which you may not qualify. Loan approvals are valid for up to 60 days. Lease approvals are valid for up to 90 days."

I'm not sure if it's a rate lock but it shows 60 days.

Do they still use U.S. Bank? If they do and the rate is exactly the same, U.S. Bank currently shows "Rates from 3.54% to 5.74% APR"
-not great.

Would be interested in more information. I won't apply for another loan ahead of time unless I can get confirmation it's a rate lock before I provide my VIN.
I applied for Tesla financing and got paired with US Bank for 2.7%. Financing is good for 60 days per my SA. My financing expires in a couple of weeks though and I'm going to have to reapply.

Reactions: Not That M3
I applied for Tesla financing and got paired with US Bank for 2.7%. Financing is good for 60 days per my SA. My financing expires in a couple of weeks though and I'm going to have to reapply.
Thanks for the quick feedback.

When did you apply? Was that around 6 weeks ago then? I think the rate was lower then. Is your credit above 740 (if you don't mind me asking).

I'm on hold with Tesla now to see if I can get some updated rate information.

Reactions: Panel Gaps
Thought I'd update on OD and EDD changes for others in a similar situation....

Config: M3LR, White ext., black int., Aero, No FSD, Reno, NV, Tesla Financed
OD: 2/3 (this is the date on order agreement: however, my profile was "incomplete" until sometime around 2/11-2/14)
EDD: Has changed about 4 times, though I didn't keep track of specifics. Hit my EDD range 2x and EDD updated by pushing back a few weeks.
Current EDD: May 3-17.............This is the 3rd delivery window I've hit. Nothing in source code.

Curious if there are others in Nevada and Northern, CA in a similar situation w/similar configs.

Got a text from Tesla this afternoon:
"...your Model 3 has not yet arrived and we are rescheduling your appointment..."

2/1 OD blue/white/18
orig EDD 3/14-3/31
2/14 EDD 4/20-5/18
3/31 EDD 6/10-7/22
4/5 EDD 5/8-6/5
4/15 EDD 4/28-5/12
4/20 EDD 5/12-5/26
4/26 EDD 5/9-5/19
4/27 EDD 5/10-5/14 notified via text VIN assigned 243XXX
5/1 Delivery appt scheduled for 5/7
5/3 Delivery re-scheduled to 5/12 - 100 days from OD

Thanks for the quick feedback.

When did you apply? Was that around 6 weeks ago then? I think the rate was lower then. Is your credit above 740 (if you don't mind me asking).

I'm on hold with Tesla now to see if I can get some updated rate information.

Update: Per Tesla - Current rate is 2.99% with a 60 day rate lock.

Even with a Fed increase, I don't think it would increase DCU a whole point in the next 2 months. I could be wrong though. Does anyone want to share any opposing thoughts on that?

The crummy thing with Tesla financing is that you have to put down-payment plus tax, license, registration....I didn't want the heavy cash outlay. If I'm wrong on cash requirements, someone please correct me. Thankfully I was able to find Credit Union financing with 90 day rate lock, 2.29%. Still shopping though, asked for rate match with my other bank and they think they can do it, just waiting to hear back.

Reactions: Not That M3