Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope.
I typically wake up at 6 am and the first thing I was doing everyday was checking the app.
I had realized that all my previous EDD changes happened on sunday morning when I woke up, so I kinda had a hunch on when my VIN would be assigned. Basically 1 week after the sunday morning I was assigned a 2 week window, I woke up and the VIN was there.

50 bucks that you will get a VIN on the late late night of 05/07.
Same, the sunday night 1 week after I had a 2 week window is when my VIN populated.

Reactions: SkunkApe
I think besides putting the specs and order date, it would be helpful to make heads or tails of how this all works timing wise to also put down whether or not you are doing a trade in and also doing financing or cash. I have a feeling those two items might also play into whether or not your dates change/get delayed/VIN timing. Maybe i am just fortunate, but my EDD hasn’t budged from the date i placed the order. I did not trade in (sold car on Carvana for more then i paid for it, and was super easy process) and then did financing, but through my own bank, not Tesla. Which maybe I am wrong but I could see Tesla seeing that same as cash, as to them they are getting the full amount regardless . . .

M3LR/MSM/Black/Aero/ No FSD
ODD: 3/4, Oregon pickup
EDD: 5/22-6/18.
I have the same OD as you 3/4 Raleigh pickup same configuration as you. My EDD is 5/23-6/8 and we are financing through Tesla. My Edd moved to June-July once for about a week then changed back to this current one. We made the mistake of filling out financing not knowing it would get delayed being Tesla virgins. I got a notification on my app telling me to reapply because it had expired. I am hesitant to reapply again but I also do not want to get passed over because I don’t have my financing secured.

It’s most likely at your local SC or an offsite holding lot waiting for a charge port. Not sure why Tesla doesn’t just say that.
Exactly!!!!!! How hard is it to just say hey Mr or Mrs such and such, just wanting to let you know your vehicle has arrived but we are waiting for a charge port. It should be a few more days or weeks or whatever. We'll let you know when it arrives and keep you in the loop. How fkn hard is that. Like I said in a earlier post they act like we're moving bricks or something.

Instead all I get is a generic reply, it's being prepped and we'll reach out to you when it's ready. The lack of communication is really disheartening to say the least and a huge turn off to the brand. My sis ordered an id.4 and I ordered a c40. Was kept updated the entire time from production to delivery. They even let us know when they were being loaded on the boat.

Went on vacation for a week and I miss 100 pages here! My delivery date got pushed out a week as they wait for the car to arrive at kisco. Locked in financing at local credit union at 2.24 for 84 months though which I thought was pretty insane

And what in the world is going on with headlights now?!? How do I figure out if my car will have the old or new ones? Are the differences that big?

Went on vacation for a week and I miss 100 pages here! My delivery date got pushed out a week as they wait for the car to arrive at kisco. Locked in financing at local credit union at 2.24 for 84 months though which I thought was pretty insane

And what in the world is going on with headlights now?!? How do I figure out if my car will have the old or new ones? Are the differences that big?
Oooh that’s a great rate! What credit union did you use?

Welcome back! I personally don’t get what the big deal with the headlights is. External lights are probably the last components that I care about in a car. I just need them to turn on lol.

Reactions: kk89

Prior to last few weeks of April all new Model 3's shipped with "matrix" headlights (internally know as Global Headlights). recently it seems they are using the old reflector headlights (internally known as Premium headlights). I'm also taking delivery at Mt. Kisco (mid-may) and they supposedly checked mine and confirmed it has matrix

Reactions: kk89
Here's what the two types of headlamps look like. The one on the left is the matrix headlamp. It can be easily spotted because it has an "eyeball" on the outside edge of the lamp.

New-vs-old-Tesla-Model-3-headlights-scaled.jpg

Here's a video showing the sort of things that matrix headlamps are designed to do. It's a brief, to the point video but it's idealized. Here's a practical application of it in the Polestar 2. I've linked to the point where the headlamps are both steering to light up around a curve in the road as well as masking out the light so that it doesn't glare in the face of an oncoming car. Feel free to hunt around in the video for other examples.

Oooh that’s a great rate! What credit union did you use?

Welcome back! I personally don’t get what the big deal with the headlights is. External lights are probably the last components that I care about in a car. I just need them to turn on lol.
Amherst Credit Union. I’ll add that they had some kind of spring promotion that may be over now that knocked a significant chunk of the interest rate down
Prior to last few weeks of April all new Model 3's shipped with "matrix" headlights (internally know as Global Headlights). recently it seems they are using the old reflector headlights (internally known as Premium headlights). I'm also taking delivery at Mt. Kisco (mid-may) and they supposedly checked mine and confirmed it has matrix
I just sent an email to them asking
Here's what the two types of headlamps look like. The one on the left is the matrix headlamp. It can be easily spotted because it has an "eyeball" on the outside edge of the lamp.

New-vs-old-Tesla-Model-3-headlights-scaled.jpg

Here's a video showing the sort of things that matrix headlamps are designed to do. It's a brief, to the point video but it's idealized. Here's a practical application of it in the Polestar 2. I've linked to the point where the headlamps are both steering to light up around a curve in the road as well as masking out the light so that it doesn't glare in the face of an oncoming car. Feel free to hunt around in the video for other examples.
Thank you!

Reactions: Hiline and Neuro450
OK, here is some good hope on "Headlights" topic... but as usual lets take it with a grain of salt untill we really see it in-person...

Per my latest converstion with the Tesla advisor (she was super nice on providing the info), upon asking about the Matrix Headlights she initially provided generic update saying your vehichle (based on my VIN) is coming with all updated package like Li Ion battery, Ryzen, heated wipers etc. so it should have the latest headlights. Then I mentioned, inspite of having the updated package few cars (recent VINs just before mine) does not have Matrix Headlights. She then put me on hold literally for 5 mins and went on to check something....then she came back saying I really dont want to hold you up until I get the information so let me text you once I get it. I said ok and disconnected.

10 - 15 mins later the text arrives... "Hello :) i have confirmed your vehicle is coming with the new matrix headlights - xxxxx from Tesla" !!!

BTW my VIN is 246xxx.

Not really going to hold on to this... but it certainly makes me feel happier and thus sharing too :)
Hi there, when were you assigned your VIN and what's your delivery date? Wondering if all the new VINs are coming with the Matrix headlights. My OD is 2/20 and I am still waiting for the VIN. Thank you.