Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So sick of waiting. It's driving me crazyyyyyyyyyyyy.
VIN: 240xxx

My EDD
April 27: April 27 - May 1
April 28: April 28 - May 2
April 29: April 29 - May 3
April 30: April 30 - May 4
May 1: May 1 - May 5
May 2: May 2 - May 6
May 3: May 3 - May 7
May 4: May 4 - May 8
It’s most likely at your local SC or an offsite holding lot waiting for a charge port. Not sure why Tesla doesn’t just say that.

I cannot believe I am not the only victim. did you call them? any information?
I know we aren’t the only ones here. Saw a few cases from Seattle too. Rumors has it these cars are at the destination but missing the charging port or something so they are waiting for shipment to the delivery center to be installed before delivery. I emailed the SC last week and this week and both times they said I’m in he next “batch” of delivery, whatever that means.

Reactions: sapsaldog
I still don’t have the vin showing up in the app or on the web page. Tho I switched my payment method from finance to cash yesterday and today got the “ready for final payment” email today and found the purchase agreement in my account. Someone else I know also picking up in Vancouver and got vin and same edd movement with me on the same day didn’t get anything nor did their vin show up 🥺
Where do you change payment options? under completed tasks I could see the payment breakdown but no option to change it.

The mvpa doc has a vin with 234 and the tesla app now shows a 246 vin. Now I am not sure. And hope it has all the updates everyone is discussing. At last check a few days ago, via text, I was told to check for matrix lights when I come to pick up next week, lol.

I know we aren’t the only ones here. Saw a few cases from Seattle too. Rumors has it these cars are at the destination but missing the charging port or something so they are waiting for shipment to the delivery center to be installed before delivery. I emailed the SC last week and this week and both times they said I’m in he next “batch” of delivery, whatever that means.
Thanks, big help. When I called them, they even mentioned "the next batch".

Maybe this is a related article? Tesla skips out on installing USB-C ports for new EVs

• Informative
Reactions: JB from the AZ
Thanks, big help. When I called them, they even mentioned "the next batch".

Maybe this is a related article? Tesla skips out on installing USB-C ports for new EVs
I think the folks at Richmond are pretty good at sounding helpful and hopeful while offering 0 real information 😂 great life skill

As for the USB ports, I thought it’s been going on for quite a while with the SRs starting early last year.

Reactions: sapsaldog
So my EDD is May 23rd - June 8th and my Tesla app updated to go to account to continue with delivery. So naturally I got excited. Turns out my financing offer expired. Should I wait until I get an email saying I got a VIN or a phone call or should I reapply for financing because I don’t think it’s gonna take longer then 3 months to get this thing now. OD 3/4 MSM black aero no FSD

So my EDD is May 23rd - June 8th and my Tesla app updated to go to account to continue with delivery. So naturally I got excited. Turns out my financing offer expired. Should I wait until I get an email saying I got a VIN or a phone call or should I reapply for financing because I don’t think it’s gonna take longer then 3 months to get this thing now. OD 3/4 MSM black aero no FSD
Financing quotes are good for 60 days I believe. I plan to apply when I am a month out, so mid-June. I too am close to Raleigh, have you made any plans for PPF, ceramic, or tinting? Just trying to poll the crowd on what people in our area typically do.

I think besides putting the specs and order date, it would be helpful to make heads or tails of how this all works timing wise to also put down whether or not you are doing a trade in and also doing financing or cash. I have a feeling those two items might also play into whether or not your dates change/get delayed/VIN timing. Maybe i am just fortunate, but my EDD hasn’t budged from the date i placed the order. I did not trade in (sold car on Carvana for more then i paid for it, and was super easy process) and then did financing, but through my own bank, not Tesla. Which maybe I am wrong but I could see Tesla seeing that same as cash, as to them they are getting the full amount regardless . . .

M3LR/MSM/Black/Aero/ No FSD
ODD: 3/4, Oregon pickup
EDD: 5/22-6/18.