Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm picking up an identical car (MSM, Black, Aero, No FSD) in COS tomorrow. It's been a battle, to the point where it wouldn't surprise me if my car was assigned to you. :(

Problems getting a trade-in re-assessed, which held up insurance, then today they asked for more pictures of the trade-in. Apparently they can't take ACH (from me) for the final payment, so I'll have to go to the bank. I'm sure it's worth it, but sheesh...
Sorry if I misunderstood this......We are taking delivery this week too in COS. We simply stated we would accept the same build and asked our SA to let us know if anything came in. When we ordered it in March we simply stated we would take the same build if someone dropped out. No Trade in on our end.
Took delivery this morning at 9am. Matrix headlights, Ryzen, Mobile Connector. Panel gaps were excellent. Paint (White) was excellent. Leather (White) was clean and perfect. I printed out an extensive delivery checklist. I TRIED to find something…anything wrong. Nada. Zippo. The car was perfect. The experience was so good that I was shocked, frankly. I am beyond happy with the fit and finish and every USB port, every seat adjustment switch, all door handles, you name it, they were close to perfect. Because I had a long list of things to test out, it did take awhile for delivery. My SA let me in the car before I had to accept delivery in the app. Swapping out the 18” Aeros for 19” satin black sport wheels.

So…anyone that wants a brand new set of FOUR (4) of the 2022 Model 3 18” Aero wheels/tires/tpms let me know!!
RCM.....we might take you up on that!
A 249xxx VIN should be well clear of the temporary use of the older headlamps so you should be good there. When we talk about "new chip", we're usually talking about the Ryzen CPU instead of the Intel one. That change happened at the beginning of the year so you're definitely good there. If you're affected by the charge port issue you'll just have to wait a while. So you'll know about resolution of the charge port on your vehicle when they offer a choice of delivery date.

For those curious, here's the link to the matrix headlamp thread in the forums here.

2022 Q2 production Model 3 missing matrix headlights?
Not sure how the older headlamps work. SA told us that it has matrix headlights.

I read that Tesla (in CA) manufactures 1200+ vehicles on a daily basis. Are they adding super chargers to compensate, especially for when Texas really gets up and running? I’m worried we will soon have a “line for Costco gas” type of situation.

Edit: I’m mainly worried about this on long road trips, especially in more remote locations.
This is already happening in some major cities and along popular routes especially for holiday travel. Eg between NorCal and SoCal, SoCal and Vegas, Vegas itself due to lots of tourists. Out of Spec Motoring on YouTube had a recent video about it.

Especially if there are stalls that are malfunctioning or charging very slow for some reason, it can really cause a huge backup.

I posted in the supercharging forum before about how Tesla needs to implement a queueing system for Superchargers because there’s bound to be rage incidents and arguments at full locations where people cut the line etc. Not to mention a long line of waiting Teslas can cause havoc by blocking traffic for the rest of the parking lot and/or overflowing into the streets.

It will depend on many factors, but basically, if you get the base LR model it will be closer to October, if you option it out with 19 inch wheels, paint, FSD it will be closer to July. And anywhere(and I do mean anywhere) in between.
This is already happening in some major cities and along popular routes especially for holiday travel. Eg between NorCal and SoCal, SoCal and Vegas, Vegas itself due to lots of tourists. Out of Spec Motoring on YouTube had a recent video about it.

Especially if there are stalls that are malfunctioning or charging very slow for some reason, it can really cause a huge backup.

I posted in the supercharging forum before about how Tesla needs to implement a queueing system for Superchargers because there’s bound to be rage incidents and arguments at full locations where people cut the line etc. Not to mention a long line of waiting Teslas can cause havoc by blocking traffic for the rest of the parking lot and/or overflowing into the streets.
Virtual queue would be a great idea

I know we both have same exact config, same VIN series, same pick up loc, same EDD window (5/15 to 5/19)...
But when I was trying to schedule over call, I was scheduled for delivery on 14th. I also received the email today from the Mt.Kisco delivery team confirming the car would reach the center by 12th and I should be on-track for 14th delivery.

Its hard to imagine our cars will be on differnt truck, so with that assumption you could ask if they could schedule you for 14th or even 13th if possible which will help you on loan process as you mentioned. Good luck either way 👍
Thanks mate. Yes. Just got it rescheduled. for the 13th.
I was also getting the insurance for the first time, so had to get the start date of insurance switched too.
I went with state farm. Will do the defensive driving course for the 10% discount.
I decided against getting their wifi beacon. It just collects wayyyy too much data from cellphone.
The insurance came out to be ~370$ per month. Could have saved 20 bucks more with the wifi beacon, but it just wasnt worth it knowing that in addition to the big brother, the smaller goon (i.e insurance company) is also sitting right next to me everytime I drive the car.

Reactions: jpaychek and Skay

I think wherever there is a 'public shared resource', these issues are bound to happen. Queuing is a good idea, but it brings a whole bunch of other things like people not knowing which stall to go to and no shows, and people at the back of the line having an earlier queue number.
We as a community should be better at these things and shouldnt need a system to dictate our every move.
I also just dont understand how there was such a fuss about the mobile charger not being included, and it looked like 110 out of 100 tesla owners were using it at home. Yet the super chargers have long lines of people trying to charge their cars.

I read that Tesla (in CA) manufactures 1200+ vehicles on a daily basis. Are they adding super chargers to compensate, especially for when Texas really gets up and running? I’m worried we will soon have a “line for Costco gas” type of situation.

Edit: I’m mainly worried about this on long road trips, especially in more remote locations.
During 2021, Tesla added 35% more superchargers, but vehicle deliveries in 2021 increased 87%. Tesla definitely intends to keep adding superchargers and have been streamlining the process in an effort to keep up. A team seems to be able to install one in about a week, and Tesla wants to be able to triple the size of the network by the end of 2023.

Tesla updates Supercharger map with many new upcoming stations and timelines

If you go to the Tesla supercharger map, they show planned supercharger locations as well. They're the light-grey lightning bolts.

Tesla Supercharger Map

For sentry mode is it better to go with the 500 go or the 1 to memory ssd ?
I saw mention that one hour of video consumes 5GB of data. That's consistent with DVD recording sizes (2 hours for 2.4GB times four cameras). So if you have a 500GB drive, that gets you 100 hours. A 1TB drive gets you 200 hours. Your call. I went with a 500GB Samsung T5 and I'm sure that's ridiculous overkill.

Here's another article talking about drives for the dashcam. It recommends the Samsung T7 drive.

Best USB for Tesla Sentry Mode: 6 Tested, Lasting, No-Hassle Products

And a comparison of the T5 and T7 drives.

Samsung T5 vs. Samsung T7: Which portable SSD should you buy? | Digital Trends

I may have temporarily taken over the title of most EDDs in a 3 month span…EDD #11 = 5/27-5/31. This last stretch of waiting is excruciating! 😂 Supposedly, birthdate was 5/1, VIN 247xxx, in transit but “stuck”, has charging port and global headlamps…I will believe all this when I see it.

Anyone else get pushed back this far after a VIN, despite not having a missing charging port? I hope my car is in perfect condition after such a long transit time.🙏

For those of you in the same boat waiting for the coveted DD…we will get through this together!!!💪

Here are some pics form Lawrence, Toronto. View attachment 801863View attachment 801864Lots of them are waiting for the charge port at Lawrence, Toronto. All the model 3's I saw had a vin that was below 240. View attachment 801866
Looking at that photo with cars having a tape patch. The patches don't seem to cover the charging ports. So either it isn't about cars missing parts, or the "missing parts cars" are actually cars missing not the charging port itself but some other (internal) component, and the tape is there only as a marking (signalling to ever try to charge that car). Thoughts?

Also my Toronto SA still says he didn't hear anything about missing parts (asnwering my multiple attempts to convince him otherwise :))

... all I do is VIN VIN VIN so much!

252xxx

OD 2/20
Pickup Tysons Corner, VA
The EDD shortened to 5 days but that window doesn't start for another 2 weeks (5/24-5/28).

Too bad; I was really hoping to get the car before the 20th to drive it to the men's retreat for my church. Still, it will come in plenty of time for the summer road trip to New York - Statue of Liberty and Legoland for the youngsters.

... all I do is VIN VIN VIN so much!

252xxx

OD 2/20
Pickup Tysons Corner, VA
The EDD shortened to 5 days but that window doesn't start for another 2 weeks (5/24-5/28).

Too bad; I was really hoping to get the car before the 20th to drive it to the men's retreat for my church. Still, it will come in plenty of time for the summer road trip to New York - Statue of Liberty and Legoland for the youngsters.
Got my VIN Saturday, 242XXX., also for Tysons. Believe you ended up with the matrix headlights but I didn’t. I’m fine with that. Just want the car so I can get out there and start pulling babes.