Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today is pick-up day for me in Richmond, VA! 92 days from OD. I will keep yLiou all posted.
Lori we are headed out now to get ours!
Hope your pickup goes really well !
Thanks Time!

We are literally headed out to pick ours up NOW.....leaving the house as we speak!

I will be sure to post all of the details when we get back home. With a VIN of 227XXX we have some minor concerns but we do know the April 7 birthday gave us Global (matrix) headlights which was confirmed locally! We will see in person here in about 40 min!

Hi all, been lurking for awhile here. But here’s my update. M3LR MSM 18 / white interior / FSD/

OD: April/24/2022
DD 1: mid August - mid September
Last week DD2: May 21 - June 03

Yesterday: Got a text and ask me to do a trade and I told them yes let see how much you give as long it won’t affect my 2 weeks window. Rep said yes it won’t affect any timeline.

Today DD3: July 16 - September 2022
I asked the rep I thought it won’t change and they replied your delivery dates is never guaranteed… and open trade option won’t change anything 🤦‍♂️Bad timing I guess 🤷‍♂️

Moral of the story: If you’re in a 2 week windows don’t do anything until you get your VIN 🥲
That happened to me but it comes back to a one month then a 2 week. I'm on the 7th EDD nearing a 2 week window and surprisingly no change today. No VIN Usually my dates change on the weekends but I'm not holding my breath.

Reactions: Junior86
Try changing your configuration closer to EDD, such as colors. I was about to change my color from white to red until someone in this thread told me the change might delay the delivery.
The significant changes are those that change the price of the car. If you increase your price, you're likely to get a faster delivery. If you lower your price, you're likely to get a slower delivery. A change from white to red increases the price, so it should speed up delivery. A change from blue to red doesn't change the price and shouldn't affect delivery.

All that said, Tesla builds cars in big batches, especially to the east (chunks of the west can be reached by truck). So your car might be moved up or back, but if it stays within the same huge batch, it won't ultimately make any difference. But if you get moved into the current batch, you could see a significant speedup. If you get moved out of the current batch, you could see a significant slowdown.

As always, this is speculation based on watching how folks have fared here.
Are you sure VIN gets assigned the day the car is built? My VIN was assigned 2 days back and I am picking the car up today
VINs can also be assigned if somebody at your delivery location cannot take delivery. They'll reassign the car to another person who asked for the same car. Things can happen very quickly that way.
Can you elaborate a bit on how autopilot helps with stop and go traffic? I deal with this kind of traffic a lot in SoCal so not having to constantly stretch my eyes while driving would be tremendously valuable.
Autopilot has enough smarts to handle stop and go traffic automatically so long as you stay in one lane. You just sit there and it handles the stopping and the going. It's completely stress free. But if you're one of the drivers who feels compelled to keep changing to the lane that's moving, it doesn't help with that at all.
These little issues make me wonder if this kind of delivery experience is common for all cars or is unique to Tesla. This is going to be my first new car so I have never had to check for flaws at delivery before.
Visible build flaws are fairly unique to Tesla. It is a new company that is still learning about manufacturing, but they have absurd levels of demand, so even their visibly-flawed cars are acceptable to most buyers. All the legacy auto makers have huge amounts of experience in manufacturing, so the visible build issues have been worked out. That said, there have always been plenty of design and build issues that customers cannot see. The stories are pretty much an institution of the ICE vehicle world.
Well as expected my EDD was bumped.
Yeah, I think the west coast orders will start cranking out once they finish up with this east coast batch.

Reactions: Junior86 and Hiline
Day 81.
Two days away from the beginning of my two week window (May 16-30).
No VIN in app or source code.
I have a feeling if VIN doesn't show up today, then on Monday my two week window will be pushed back.
On a side note: I'm in the middle of an argument with some clowns on FB about their conspiracy theory that gas prices have been inflated just to make people buy EV's so that the government can control our movements and turn off our cars if we don't obey.
Oh, and these are the same people that don't believe in climate issues, but the first thing they say about EV's is "WhAt AbOuT tHe BaTtErIeS?".
No lie, I have wondered what would happen if someone hacked the system and shut all our cars down. Cue the movie iRobot…

I mean did you get the old pricing for the LR or did you get the current price which is around 5k higher?
I didn’t get the old pricing. When I changed my build it went up to $57,490 (the vehicle price if you were to place an order today of the LR/MSM/Black/19” Sport/No FSD) from $46,990. I changed my build within the two weeks since I placed my order.

Another user posted that VIN's are assigned when there are the parts available to make your car and it's going into production.
The car gets the vin when it is made. Vin stands for vehicle identification number and it's stamped on parts of the car. So it wouldn't make sense or be possible to give it sooner. However assigned is a different story. You may be assigned the vin days after it has been given to the car depending on the matching algorithm